System messages inform you of important events related to your Adyen account, for example scheduled maintenance, service downtime, chargebacks, or fraud.
All system messages are in the System messages widget in your Customer Area. You can also subscribe to get system messages by email so you don't have to log in to the Customer Area to get these important updates.
There are two types of system messages:
- Service messages: Live updates about payment processing with Adyen and related services.
For example service disruption, scheduled maintenance, platform changes, deprecation of firmware, or payment method availability.
- Automated messages: Transaction-level messages generated automatically.
For example chargeback or fraud notifications, or when your server doesn't accept webhook notifications we send.
Admin users get emails for all types of service messages by default. You can manage your subscription to system messages in your Customer Area, but you are not able to manage subscriptions for other users.
Get system messages by email
To be able to see and subscribe to system messages, your user needs to have one of the following roles:
- Merchant admin
- Merchant financial
- Risk admin
- Merchant dispute management
- Merchant system messages role
To receive system messages by email:
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Select the bell icon at the top right, then select System messages.
- Select Manage subscriptions, and select which messages you would like to get by email. Make sure you set your service message subscriptions at the company level.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
You will receive system messages at the email address linked to your user.
To see how to subscribe to system messages, you can also watch a video here: