Two-factor authentication helps to keep your account safe by preventing unauthorized users from logging in, even if they have managed to obtain your username and password.
With two-factor authentication enabled, you must complete your login to the Customer Area by entering an authentication code from your mobile device. An authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, generates the code on your mobile device.
To enable two-factor authentication, contact our Support Team, and let them know whether it should be configured in forced or opt-in mode:
Forced – All users under your company account are asked to set up two-factor authentication when they next log in to the Customer Area.
- Opt-in – Each user under your company account can choose whether to set up two-factor authentication or not. You can check whether a user has set up two-factor authentication in the Users within a company report.
Register a device for two-factor authentication
To use two-factor authentication, you need to have an authenticator app like Google Authenticator installed on your mobile device.
To register your mobile device for two-factor authentication:
- Log in to your Customer Area
- Select the User icon in the top right, then select My user.
- In the Edit Two-factor Authentication pane, select Register a device.
This opens a page with a QR code.
- Scan the QR code using the authenticator app installed on your device.
The authenticator app on your device generates a code.
- Enter the code from the authenticator app.
Your device is now registered for two-factor authentication. Every time you log into your Customer Area account, you now have to enter the code from the authenticator app on the device you registered.
Change the device for two-factor authentication
If you want to change the device used for two-factor authentication:
- Ask your admin user to remove the previously registered device from your account.
- Register your new device.