Use our solution to give your shoppers the option to pay with their preferred payment method, all within a seamless checkout experience.
With our online payments solution, you can:
- Dynamically offer key payment methods based on transaction details such as the shopper's country code, currency, and the platform where the payment is made.
- Choose how to integrate based on your customization requirements.
Once you have an existing integration, you can also:
- Offer recurring payments by saving and tokenizing card details.
- Authenticate card payments with 3D Secure 1 and 3D Secure 2.
- Use other features offered in the Adyen payments platform to optimize revenue and reduce fraud.
It all starts with your online payments integration.
Offer key payment methods
Use our payment methods explorer and discover popular ways to pay.
Our online payments solution supports key payment methods across different regions, channels, and verticals, providing you a global reach to help you grow your business while also taking care of compliance and regulatory requirements in new markets.
We are also constantly implementing new, relevant payment methods, so you can always stay up to date with the latest ways to pay.
Next, learn how you can start your implementation.
Choose how to integrate
If you don't want to make API calls, or if you want the fastest way to start accepting payments while still building your website or app, use our Pay by Link solution.
If you want to build your server-side implementation to make API calls, you can use any of our client-side solutions for your payment form. You will use the same API requests for all payment methods, regardless which client-side solution you'll pick.
- Server-side: Use our APIs to get available payment methods and to make a payment request.
- Client-side: Use Drop-in or Components, our PCI-compliant UI solutions for web, iOS, and Android. Alternatively, you can also perform an API-only integration and then build your own UI.
Understanding the client-side integration options
Present available payment methods and collect your shopper's payment details with any of our PCI-compliant client-side solutions, or perform an API-only integration and build your own UI.
|Integration option||What this integration offers||When should you use this|
|Pay by Link||
Use an Adyen-hosted payment form. With Pay by Link you can:
Your shoppers need a way to pay when they send their orders through email or through your call center, or you're unable to host a payment form.
All-in-one client-side solution that handles all shopper interaction for all key payment methods. With Drop-in, you can:
You want a quick way to start accepting payments in your website or mobile app, with little to no customization.
For example, you want to offer popular payment methods for your shoppers in the UK and in the US, without the need for extensive front-end development.
A UI Component for every payment method that you can use to collect shopper information. With Components, you can:
You want some degree of customization and flexibility on your payments form.
For example, you want to build your own payment method selection logic, integrate directly with Apple Pay, and use our Card Component to securely collect your shopper's card details.
Use only our APIs and then build your own UI.
For card payments, you can:
You want to develop a fully customized payments form, with full UI control.
For example, you are PCI Level 1 or Level 2 certified and you want to submit raw card data.
Drop-in replaces our SDKs. If you are using our SDKs, we recommend that you switch to Drop-in to get the latest functionality and features.
Click on an option below if you want to jump straight to the integration steps for web. If you still need more information to help you choose the best option, contact our Support Team.
Pay by Link
Create a payment link to an Adyen-hosted payment form and send the link to your shopper.
Use our all-in-one UI solution. Quickest way to accept popular payment methods in your website and mobile app.
Add a Component per payment method and combine with your own payments form logic.
Build your own UI for all payment methods and have full control of your payments form.
In addition to integration options for your checkout page, we also offer the following ways to accept payments:
If you want to learn more about how you can provide a seamless checkout experience online and in-store, see Unified commerce.
Next, learn how you can use our platform to provide a better checkout experience to your shoppers.
Provide a better checkout experience
Our UI solutions are available across different channels, enabling you to offer a consistent checkout experience on Web, iOS, and Android.
To provide a better checkout experience for your shoppers, we recommend that you:
- Include additional information in your API requests, such as the country where your shopper is making the payment from and the channel, so that we can offer your shopper the most relevant payment methods.
- Use localizations to switch to the local language, or you can also choose to customize, or add your own localization.
- Apply the same styling across all channels to promote brand recognition.
- Offer shoppers the option to save and tokenize their payment details for their next purchase.
- Present the shopper's stored payment details at the top of the payment method selection list for a more convenient and faster checkout experience.
All of these options and features are available with your online payments integration. Once you're accepting payments, start exploring our other solutions to know how you can use data to optimize revenue and to reduce payment fraud.
Ready to start with your online payments integration? Sign up for a test account or continue exploring our UI solutions.