Set up your live account structure
- Create additional merchant accounts if needed for your business.
Give team members access to the live environment
- Create a separate user for each team member who needs to access your live Customer Area.
- Make sure that each user has the roles and account access required to perform their tasks.
- Set up email messages to be notified of important events such as chargebacks.
- For increased account security, consider setting up two-factor authentication.
Set up payment methods
Discover popular ways to pay with our payment methods explorer.
- Make sure that you've added all the payment methods that you want to offer to your shoppers.
- Check that the countries and currencies are configured correctly for each payment method. To change these settings, contact our Support Team.
- Make sure that payments appear correctly on the shopper's bank statement. To make any adjustments to the shopper statement, contact our Support Team.
Receive payouts from Adyen
If you haven't done so yet, add information about the bank accounts where you want to receive the payouts from Adyen. If you're accepting payments in multiple currencies, you can add a separate bank account for each currency.
- By default, we pay out funds on a daily basis (from Monday to Friday), with transactions processed on a single day paid out in one batch (Sales day payout). You can review and change your payout schedule in your Customer Area > Finance > Payout model.
Use reports for reconciliation
- Set up automatic generation of reports.
- Use the Settlement details report to reconcile your accounts on a transaction level.
- Consider automating your reconciliation process.
Set up a refund reserve
- Consider setting up a refund reserve: this is used to perform refunds to your shoppers in case of insufficient in-process funds in your Adyen account.
- To make sure there's always enough balance available on your account for refunds, you can also set up AutoFunding.
To learn more about risk management with Adyen, sign up for one of our upcoming webinars.
By default, your Adyen account has a risk profile based on industry standards.
- Review your risk profile, and customize as needed.
- Set up to email messages about Fraudulent Payments (NOF) and Chargebacks (NOC).
- Make sure that you know how risk rules are triggered by the information that you send in your payment request, such as shopperReference, shopperIP, or shopperEmail.
Note that for Visa and Mastercard, the enrollment for 3D Secure can take up to seven days. This means that you might not be able to offer 3D Secure to your shoppers immediately after your live Customer Area has been activated.
- Configure your own rules for Dynamic 3D Secure, to have more control over which transactions are processed with 3D Secure.
- Make sure that you know how the 3D Secure flow is triggered by the information that you send in your payment request. For more information, refer to our 3D Secure integration guides.
- If you have merchant accounts in the United States, contact our Support Team to enable 3D Secure on US acquirer accounts.
- If you are doing zero-auth transactions, contact our Support Team to enable 3D Secure for zero-auth transactions.
Your API requests to Adyen are authenticated with an API key linked to your web service (ws) user. Before you can make live payments, you need to:
- Generate an API key in your live Customer Area, and copy this to your live integration.
- Make sure that your live ws user has the same roles as your test ws user.
- Update the Adyen endpoints to your live endpoints.
- Set up notification webhooks in your live Customer Area.
- Make sure that you acknowledge any notification type with an
[accepted]response, to prevent notifications being queued.
- Make sure that you're receiving all notification types needed for your integration.
To make sure your integration can handle the entire payment lifecycle, do end-to-end testing with real payment details:
Payments with real details incur fees. To have enough funds available for refunds, consider setting up a refund reserve.
- For each payment method that you offer, make a successful payment using real details.
- Make a payment with
resultCode: Refused, for example by entering incorrect card details.
- Make a payment with
refusalReason: FRAUD, by triggering multiple risk checks to achieve a risk score above 100.
- Make a refund, and a partial refund.
- If using manual capture, capture a payment.
- If using manual capture or a capture delay of 1-7 days, cancel a payment before it has been captured.
- If using multiple partial captures, capture a part of the authorised amount, and make sure that the remaining amount is not automatically cancelled.
Redirect payment methods
If you implemented any redirect payment methods, test the following scenarios:
- After being redirected, wait for more than five minutes to complete the payment.
- Select the Cancel/Back button on the redirected page, to cancel the payment.
- Close the browser when on the redirected page, to simulate the shopper abandoning the session.
If you implemented 3D Secure, test the following scenarios:
- Make a successful payment with 3D Secure authentication, and verify that the flow that you chose to implement (either redirect or native 3D Secure 2) is triggered correctly.
- Make a 3D Secure payment where the shopper fails to complete the challenge.
- Make sure that 3D Secure is triggered correctly according to your risk settings (Dynamic 3D Secure and your risk profile).
If you implemented tokenization, follow the checklist below:
- Make sure that you receive the
recurringDetailReferencein your payment response.
- If you want to receive the
recurringDetailReferencein a notification webhook, contact our Support Team to enable the RECURRING_CONTRACT notifications.
- Create a token when making a payment.
- Use the token to make a payment.
- If you want to validate card details before processing payments, make a zero-auth transaction. If you implemented 3D Secure, also make a zero-auth transaction with 3D Secure.
Once you've completed the above checklist, you're ready to accept live payments!