Learn how to customize the text displayed in a Component, or create you own localization.
- Change the language rendered in the Components.
- Customize the text used in a localization.
- Create your own localization.
By default, text rendered in Components is in English - US (en_US).
To change the language:
configurationobject on your payment page, specify the
localeof the language you want rendered in your payment form.
The following languages are supported:
Chinese - Simplified
Chinese - Traditional
Danish da_DK Dutch
English - US
French fr_FR German
Norwegian no_NO Polish pl_PL Portuguese pt_BR Spanish es_ES Swedish
You can find more information on the
configuration object in Step 2 our API integration guide.
The supported localizations can be customized, replacing the default text with the text of your choice.
To customize a supported localization:
- Add a
translationsobject to your payments page with the fields you want to customize. For each specify:
localeyou want to customize.
- The fields you want to customize, and the text you want to present for this field.
For example, to customize the English - US translation so that your payments form displays:
- Shipping Address in place of Delivery Address.
- State in place of State or Province.
If your shoppers use a language that isn't supported by the Components, you can create your own localization.
To create a localization:
- Add a
translationsobject to your payment page, specifying:
localeyou want to create. For example, en_GB for English - British.
- An object containing the fields that are used in the Components, as well as the text you want displayed for each field.
The following example shows how you would create a localization for English - British (en_GB).
To use this localization in the Components:
localeof your created localization (en_GB) in the
configurationobject you have in your payments page.
The fields that can be rendered in the Components are: