Visa and Mastercard offer merchants a service to receive updates of account information changes (for example, expiration dates for cards). If you allow Adyen to update the account information of your shoppers' cards, you can maintain continuity in their payment relationship, despite their account information being updated. Adyen offers Account Updater services as an extension to the Adyen recurring payment service.
You can receive updates when:
- A new expiry date for expired cards is available.
- A new card replaces the old one.
- A shopper reports loss or theft of their card.
- A shopper informs their card issuer that they no longer authorise the merchant to charge their card automatically.
You can submit the following requests for Account Updater according to your requirements:
- Real time update – Request account updates as the payment is being processed using our Real Time Account Updater.
- Single account update – Request account updates for a single card.
- Bulk account update – Request account updates for multiple cards.
- Automatic account update – Trigger an automatic update after a payment is authorised or declined.