- Log in to your Apple Developer account at https://developer.apple.com.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
The page loads and presents a menu.
- Click Merchant IDs.
- Select your merchant identifier and click Edit.
- In the section Apple Pay Merchant Identity, click Create Certificate.
- Follow the Apple instructions. You can ignore the "To create a CSR file without a payment provider" step.
- Download the certificate and add this to your keychain.
- Export the certificate from your keychain as a p12 file.
Convert the p12 file to a PEM file using the following command:
- Upload the apple-pay-cert.pem file to your server.
The full path to your PEM file should now be provided to Apple. For example, if you are using a third-party ecommerce platform, add the full path to the PEM file in the backend, and provide this to Apple.