To enable Apple Pay on the web, you also need to:
- Create a certificate for your Apple Pay merchant identity.
- Register and verify your domain with Apple.
For information about server requirements for Apple Pay on the web, refer to the Apple Developer portal.
Create a certificate for your Apple Pay merchant identity
Log in to your Apple developer account at https://developer.apple.com.
- Click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
The page loads and presents a menu.
- Click Merchant IDs.
- Select your merchant identifier and click Edit.
- In the section Apple Pay Merchant Identity, click Create Certificate.
- Follow the Apple instructions. You can ignore the "To create a CSR file without a payment provider" step.
- Download the certificate and add this to your keychain.
- Export the certificate from your keychain as a p12 file.
Convert the p12 file to a PEM file using the following command:
- Upload the apple-pay-cert.pem file to your server.
Use the full path to your PEM file when requesting an Apple Pay payment session.