Masterpass is a digital payment service from Mastercard. It allows shoppers to check out faster by storing all their cards and shipping information in this wallet solution provided by Mastercard.
Step 1: Integrate the Masterpass SDK
To sign up for a Masterpass merchant account and to integrate the Masterpass service, follow the steps outlined in the Masterpass merchant onboarding guide: https://developer.mastercard.com/documentation/masterpass-merchant-onboarding.
When setting up Masterpass for Adyen, consider the following:
- Make sure you review the instructions listed in the merchant integration requirements at https://developer.mastercard.com/page/masterpass-requirements-and-best-practices.
- When setting up a business profile, choose an option to work with PSP under PCI DSS Compliancy section and select Adyen as your supported PSP from the dropdown.
- When setting up Payment Settings, do not configure Acquirer setup for 3DS, as 3D Secure authentication is managed outside of Masterpass checkout using Adyen 3DS Merchant Plug-in (MPI) and 3DS setup is managed by Adyen.
Integrate and test
- For the Masterpass merchant integration instructions, refer to https://developer.mastercard.com/documentation/masterpass-merchant-integration-v7/7. Select your checkout service (Standard or Express) and follow the related sections in the integration document, which will guide you step by step through technical details and requirements.
- When integrating the Masterpass button on your payment page, make sure you comply with the Mastercard branding guidelines. For this, refer to https://developer.mastercard.com/documentation/masterpass-merchant-integration-v7/7#branding.
- Once the integration is complete you can start testing, follow Masterpass testing guidelines at https://developer.mastercard.com/documentation/masterpass-merchant-integration-v7/7#testing.
Step 2: Send the Transaction ID to Adyen
Once you have successfully integrated with Masterpass, you will receive a unique Transaction ID for each transaction upon checkout. This ID must be submitted to Adyen's
/authorise endpoint in order to process the payment.
This Transaction ID is the value of the
For mobile integrations, you must specify an app URL value in the Masterpass merchant portal. The callback will be received in your merchant application rather than on a server. Refer to the relevant mobile integration guide for more details.
The following example demonstrates how to submit this API request. The Transaction ID value must be set to the
masterpass.transactionId parameter included into the
You need an existing merchant account to be able to submit payment requests to the Adyen payments platform. For more information, refer to Create a test account.
3D Secure integration with Masterpass
You can also enable 3D Secure as a part of the checkout process. However, the 3D Secure flow is handled outside of the Masterpass checkout flow.
Therefore, follow the regular integration guidelines to enable this functionality on your merchant account where all the 3D Secure protocols of other payment schemes are set up. For more information, refer to 3D Secure.
Step 3: Go live
Once you have completed the steps above and tested your integration, you can request production access. The solution will need to be put into production by both Mastercard and Adyen:
- For Masterpass, request production access via the Masterpass portal as instructed in the on-boarding guide. Once your production access is granted, follow the instruction for setting up production keys.
- For Adyen, contact the Support Team to configure live processing of Masterpass payments on your merchant account.
Masterpass support contacts
- In case you have any query related to integration and onboarding tasks for Masterpass, contact the Mastercard merchant integration support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you are live, raise any production queries related to Masterpass checkout to Mastercard customer support team at email@example.com.