Here we describe how to set up, configure, and use the Verifone VX820 payment device.
If the terminal shows an exclamation at the top bar, this means that the terminal holds data that it failed to synchronise with the Adyen payments platform due to lack of an outgoing internet connection.
The following topics will help you get your new terminal up and running quickly:
- Plug the power supply cable in.
- Connect the base to the power supply cable.
Connect the Duet base to the Internet via the ETH port.
Using the wrong type of cable in the wrong port (for example, an ethernet cable in the RS232 port) might severely damage the device.
- Place the receipt paper roll in the Duet base.
- Perform a device security inspection.
- Board the terminal
- Basic functionality
Although it is technically possible to use a serial connection between the POS and the PED, Adyen strongly recommends using Ethernet connectivity, due to its superior speed and performance with a number of Operating Systems.
- VX820 payment terminal (PED)
- Duet (base station with built-in printer)
- Power supply
- Privacy shield
- Ethernet dongle
- 1 paper roll