Visa and Mastercard offer merchants a service to receive updates of account information changes, for example, expiration dates for cards. If you allow Adyen to update the account information of the credit cards of your shoppers can maintain continuity in their payment relationship, despite their account information being updated. Adyen offers an Account Updater service as an extension to the Adyen recurring payment service.
You to receive updates when:
- A new expiry date for expired cards is available.
- A new card replaces the old one.
- A shopper reports loss or theft of a card or the shopper informs their cards issuer that they no longer authorise the merchant to charge their card automatically.
Submit either of the following requests for Account Updater according to your requirements:
- Single request update - Request account updates for a single card.
- Bulk request update - Request account updates for multiple cards.
- Automatic request update - Trigger an automatic update after a payment is authorised or declined.
Reporting - The reporting area has been extended with new reports that can display different statistics of the account updater operations.