Actively manage the following scenarios to ensure you identify and resolve exceptions as soon as possible.
Discrepancies between sales and payments received/authorized
- Use the Received Payment details and/or the Payment accounting report (status: 'Authorized', or 'SentForSettle'/'SettledBulk', depending on when you recognize revenue) to obtain a list of payments for a particular day of sale.
- Compare both count and total gross value to your sales figures, and filter by merchant-account, store, time of day or payment method in case of discrepancies.
- Different time-zones/currency between reports
- Additional payment not recorded (POS)
- Wrong payment method entered in cash register (POS)
Identify and investigate payments that have not been settled yet
- Your open balance is reported daily/monthly in the Finance report.
- Compare total Settled amount in the Aggregate settlement report, selecting a duration since the day of sale and summing by the 'Creation date' column) against your own sales report to identify discrepancies/unsettled payments.
- With this information, use the Received Payment Details and Interactive Payment Accounting reports to match items in the former not yet booked to Settled and SettledBulk since the day of sale.
- The status and logging for each payment can be viewed in the Adyen Customer Area.
- Adyen has received the funds captured and will settle them with your next MerchantPayout.
- Adyen has not yet received the funds; this may be in case of foreign cards (which may have a longer settlement time) or particular payment methods.
- Capture of funds has failed, e.g. because of a technical error.
- You did not cancel the (partial) payment when the order was cancelled.
Manage exceptional booking items in the Settlement detail report
Create a review process for unexpected bookings in the settlement batch (typically bookings such as ManualCorrected, BankInstructionReturned, MiscCosts).
Be aware that a settlement batch may result both in one (or a combination of) multiple MerchantPayout lines, as well as a BalanceTransfer credit/debits (per currency). Balances are carried forward to the next batch for example in case a negative balance or if we are unable to pay out because the bank account is not configured.