Download reports either in your Customer Area, or automate the downloading process.
You can use downloaded reports for reconciliation by importing them into your accounting, ERP, or business intelligence systems. For more information, refer to Automate payment reconciliation.
There are two ways to download reports:
- Download reports manually from your Customer Area.
- Automate the downloading process using a combination of our notifications service and HTTP GET requests.
For additional security, you can also encrypt your reports with your PGP Key.
Download reports from your Customer Area
To download a report:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant-level account.
- Go to Account > See all charts and exports.
- Browse to the report that you want to download.
- Click Download below the name of the report.
- Under Earlier generated reports, click the file name.
Some reports are queued for processing, and can take a while to generate. When a queued report has been generated, you can find it by clicking Download below the name of the report. To download the report, go to Earlier generated reports, and click the file name.
Automate the downloading process
You can automate the downloading process using a combination of:
- Report notifications, which inform your server that a new report has been generated.
- HTTP GET requests, to download the report.
Receive report notifications
Notifications are HTTP callbacks (webhooks) that are sent to an endpoint on your server. For more information on how to set up notifications, refer to Set up notifications.
Once you've set up notifications, your server will receive a REPORT_AVAILABLE notification whenever a new report has been generated. This notification contains the following fields:
pspReference– the file name of the report
reason– the URL that you can use to download the report
When you receive a REPORT_AVAILABLE notification, you can download the report with an HTTP GET request. In the request, include the URL of the report file name and your credentials:
Merchant Account Reports:
Company Account Reports:
You may not want to download every report that is generated. To determine whether you want to download the report, you can parse the filename of the report. The following file naming conventions are used for our commonly downloaded reports:
|Report type||File name format|
|Settlement detail report||
|Aggregate settlement report||
|Payment accounting report||
Receive encrypted report files
For additional security, you can optionally encrypt your report files with a PGP Key:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your company-level account.
- Navigate to Account > Settings > Company Settings, and click Manage PGP Keys.
- Under Upload a new PGP Key:
- Next to Purpose, check the Reports checkbox.
- Next to PGP Key, paste your public key.
- Click Upload Key.
When you do this, all future generated reports will be encrypted with this PGP key.