Create risk profiles to manage risk settings across multiple merchant accounts, or to apply a different set of risk settings for a specific payment.
Risk profiles can be:
- Assigned as the default profile for your merchant accounts: Assign a risk profile with your common fraud control settings to each of your merchant accounts without the need to set them for each account individually.
- Dynamically assigned when you make a payment using
/authorise: Override the default profile and apply a different risk profile for a specific payment.
Create a risk profile
Log in to the Customer Area at a company level.
- Go to Risk > Risk Profiles.
- Select a default risk profile template from the drop down at the bottom of the page.
- Click Create.
- Set your risk check settings for the profile. See configuring rules for more information.
- Click Save Profile.
open the created profile and then select merchant accounts from the Used By drop down. For larger lists, use the textbook to enter a comma-separated list.If you want this profile to be the default risk profile for your merchant accounts,
If you want to use this profile only for selected payments, take note of the risk profile ID as you will need this when making a payment.
Dynamically assign a risk profile to a payment
To override the default risk profile assigned on the merchant level, provide the risk profile ID in the
additionalData object of your
riskdata.riskProfileId is not provided in the request, the merchant account's default risk profile will be applied to the payment.