If you want to return the funds to the shopper, for example if they returned an item or if an item is out of stock, you need to cancel or refund the payment:
- If the payment status is Authorised, you need to cancel the payment.
- If the payment status is SentForSettle or Settled, you need to refund the payment.
To cancel or refund a payment, you need to have the Merchant manage payments user role.
To cancel or refund a payment:
- Log in to Essentials.
- Go to Payments.
- Select or search for the payment you want to cancel or refund. If the payment can be canceled or refunded, you see a Cancel tab or a Refund tab.
- Select the Cancel tab or the Refund tab.
- In the Refund amount box, enter the amount that you want to refund. This can be either the full authorised amount, or part of the authorised amount. When cancelling a payment, the cancelled amount is always the full authorised amount.
- Select Cancel payment or Refund payment.
- Select Confirm to send the cancel or refund request.
To learn how to refund a payment, you can also watch a video here: