In the photo ID check, we validate an identity document submitted by an account holder (or a company shareholder) to receive payouts from a platform. A photo ID is usually either a passport issued by the account holder's country, or a driver's license.
Account holders must submit a scan of their photo ID to your platform, and then you can forward this information for verification using an
call. In this call you should submit a document's image in the
documentContent field, and specify its type in the
The name on the photo ID must match the name that the account holder used when registering on your platform. If the names are different (for example, an account holder using their married name while their passport has their maiden name) the photo ID check will fail.
Supported photo IDs
Provide one of the following documents for photo identification. The table shows the supported photo ID documents and the data that be provided for that document.
|Front and back|
|Driver's license||Front and back|
When you upload a Photo ID, it must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in color.
- MRZ must be visible (if available).
- Separate file for front and back of the ID document (only when providing an ID card or driver's license).
- Allowed formats: JPEG, JPG, PDF, or PNG.
- Minimum allowed size: 1 KB for PDF, 100 KB for other formats.
- Maximum allowed size: 4 MB.
- Maximum allowed pages for PDF: 2.
Refer to our document upload guide below: