Step 1: Get in touch with us
Contact us to register your interest for Adyen for Platforms. We'll get in touch with you to learn about:
- Your business model.
- The regions or countries in which you are you going to process payments.
We'll help you determine whether our current platform capabilities are a good fit for your use cases.
Step 2: Design your implementation
Once the use cases are defined, your Adyen contact will work with you to design your implementation. The design includes determining:
- The setup of your business based on how your brand interacts with your users, their customers, and the card schemes.
- How to onboard and collect data from your users, ensuring that your platform is able to collect the required information and accept document uploads.
- When to split payments, so you can send the fees to your platform and the remaining to your user.
- How to pay out.
- How to generate financial reports and reconcile balances.
Step 3: Get your test accounts
After you have designed your implementation, your Adyen contact will provide you with your Adyen test credentials.
Your test credentials include:
- API credentials for the following:
- Legal Entity Management API: You'll use this API to create and manage legal entities that contain the information required for verification checks.
- Configuration API and Transfers API: You'll use these APIs to create account holders and balance accounts, schedule payouts, transfer funds, or make one-off payouts.
- Checkout API: You'll use this API to process payments for your users.
- Username and password to the following dashboards:
- The Customer Area, a dashboard where you can view insights into all payment activities and configurations for your merchant account.
- The Balance Platform Customer Area, a dashboard where you can view the resources in your balance platform such as account holders and their balances.
Step 4: Create users in your Balance Platform Customer Area
Create users in your Balance Platform Customer Area to allow members of your organization to manage different functionalities in your Adyen account.
Step 5: Build your integration
When you have your test accounts, start building your Adyen for Platforms integration. Refer to our integration checklist.
Step 6: Apply for your live account
After you have built and tested your integration in the test environment, you're ready to go live.
Reach out to your Adyen contact to take your account live.
Step 7: Configure your live account
The setup and configuration from your test Adyen for Platforms account is not replicated to your live Adyen for Platforms account. You need to replicate your test account setup in the live environment.
Follow our go-live checklist to make sure your integration is ready.