When you first sign up for Adyen, we automatically create an admin user in your platform account with the Balance platform admin role. With this role, you have full access to:
- View all resources, such as payments, account holders, legal entities, and balance accounts.
- Configure webhooks.
- Generate, schedule, and download reports.
- Manage your organization's users and API credentials.
In addition to the Balance platform admin role, the following roles are also assigned to the admin user:
- Balance platform base role
- Developer role
- Download transfer confirmation letter
- Generate and schedule reports
- Initiate transfers
- Manage account holders & legal entities
- Manage account holder capabilities
- Manage sweep configurations
- View account holders PII
- View bank transfers
- View transfers
For more information about these roles, see User roles.
After your admin user is created, you receive an email to verify this user account. Once verified, your admin user becomes active.
To allow people in your organization access to specific sections and functionalities of your Balance Platform Customer Area, you can create web service users for them. You can then control a user's permissions by assigning roles to them.