There are two ways to set up the plugin:
Automated: available for Adobe Commerce plugin version 8.4.0 or later.
- We recommend this option if you are new to using the Adobe Commerce plugin.
- The required settings are configured automatically for you by using your API key.
- You can also reconfigure your integration using this option, but in that case the older configuration will be lost.
Manual: available for all Adobe Commerce plugin versions.
- We recommend this option if you have used the Adobe Commerce (formerly Magento 2) plugin before.
- You manually generate credentials and configure your integration.
Choose the way you want to set up your integration:
Step 1: Generate your API and client keys
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Developers > API credentials, and select the API credential username for your integration, for example ws@Company.[YourCompanyAccount], or create a new one by selecting Create new credential.
- Under Server settings > Authentication select the API key tab.
- Select Generate API key.
- Select the copy icon and store your API key securely in your system.
You will need it when configuring the Adobe Commerce 2 plugin.
- Under Client settings > Authentication select the Client key tab.
- Select Generate client key.
- Select Save changes.
Step 2: Set up capture delay
For credit cards, the payment is completed in two steps:
- Authorisation – The payment details of the shopper are verified, and the funds are reserved.
- Capture – The reserved funds are transferred from the shopper to your account.
You can either perform the capture manually in Adobe Commerce, or have it happen automatically after the payment has been authorised.
To change the capture delay:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant account.
- Go to Settings > Account settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- manual if you want to capture all payments manually in Adobe Commerce.
- immediate if you want payments to be captured immediately after authorisation (this is the default setting).
- Select Save.