The setup from your test environment is not copied over to your live environment, so you need to configure live settings for:
Set up your live account structure
- Create additional merchant accounts if needed for your business.
Give team members access to the live environment
- Create a separate user for each team member who needs to access your live Customer Area.
- Give each user the roles and account access required to perform their tasks.
- Set up system messages to be notified of important events such as chargebacks.
- Consider setting up two-factor authentication for increased security.
Set up payment methods
The plugin renders the payment methods based on what is enabled in your Customer Area.
- Add all the payment methods that you want to offer to your shoppers.
- Check that the payment methods are rendered in the correct order in your checkout. You can change the order of local payment methods in your Customer Area > Settings > Checkout settings.
- Make sure that payments appear correctly on the shopper's bank statement. To make any adjustments to the shopper statement, contact our Support Team.
- Check that capture is configured correctly in your live Customer Area, and in the Magento admin panel.
If using Klarna, Ratepay, or PayPal, make sure that the capture settings for these payment methods are configured correctly in the Magento admin panel advanced settings.
Receive payouts from Adyen
- Add information about the bank accounts where you want to receive the payouts from Adyen, if you haven't done so as part of your application.
- Review and change how you get paid, if required.
Use reports for reconciliation
- Set up automatic generation of reports.
- Use the Settlement details report to reconcile your accounts on a transaction level.
- Consider automating your reconciliation process.
(Optional) Set up a Reserve
- Consider setting up a Reserve: this is used for refunds and other operational expenses in case of insufficient in-process funds.
Risk and compliance
By default, your Adyen account has a risk profile based on industry standards.
- Review and customize your risk profile.
- Set up system messages about Fraudulent Payments (NOF) and Chargebacks (NOC).
- Make sure that you know how risk rules are triggered, for example by making a payment where the billing address is different from the delivery address, or using different email addresses with the same IP address.
Note that for Visa and Mastercard, the enrollment for 3D Secure can take up to seven days. This means that you might not be able to offer 3D Secure to your shoppers immediately after your live Customer Area has been activated.
- Make sure that you have enabled 3D Secure 2 in the Magento admin panel.
- Configure your own rules for Dynamic 3D Secure, to have more control over which transactions are processed with 3D Secure.
When using our Magento plugin, you need to assess your PCI DSS compliance according to the Self-Assessment Questionnaire A (SAQ A).
- Generate an API key in your live Customer Area.
- Generate a client key in your live Customer Area, and copy it over to the Magento admin panel.
- Make sure your live API credentials have the following permissions:
- Merchant PAL webservice role
- Merchant Recurring role
- Checkout webservice role
- Checkout encrypted cardholder data
- Configure your Magento admin panel with your live API key and your live endpoints from your live Customer Area.
- Set up notification webhooks in your live Customer Area.
- In your Magento admin panel, enter the notification credentials and the HMAC key from your live Customer Area.
- Follow the instructions to overwrite standard notifications to enable the OFFER_CLOSED notification. This is needed to close abandoned orders.
- Check that you're receiving all notification types needed for your integration.
- To prevent notifications being queued, make sure that you accept all notifications.
- The plugin has a cronjob that handles the notifications. To test that this is working correctly:
- In your Customer Area, go to Developers > Webhooks.
- Next to Standard Notification, select the edit webhook icon .
- Under Test Notifications, toggle which notifications you want to test.
- Select Test Configuration.
- If the notification is working correctly, you will see an Output:
To make sure your integration can handle the entire payment lifecycle with real payment details, you need to test possible scenarios with real payment details.
- For each payment method that you offer, make a successful payment using real details.
- Make a payment with
resultCode: Refused, for example by entering incorrect card details.
- Make a payment with
refusalReason: FRAUD, by triggering multiple risk checks to achieve a risk score above 100.
- Make a refund, including a partial refund.
- If using manual capture, capture a payment.
- If using manual capture or a capture delay of 1-7 days, cancel a payment before it has been captured.
- If using multiple partial captures, capture part of the authorised amount, and make sure that the remaining amount is not automatically cancelled.
- Make a successful payment with 3D Secure authentication.
- Make a 3D Secure payment where the shopper fails to complete the challenge.
- Make sure that 3D Secure is triggered correctly according to your Dynamic 3D Secure settings and your risk profile.
Once you've completed the above checklist, you're ready to accept live payments!