For technical details about these changes and minor bug fixes, refer to the releases on GitHub.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.6.0 (Sept 24th, 2020)
- The plugin now supports SEPA Direct Debit tokenization.
- If 3D Secure 2 is not supported, the plugin now falls back to the 3D Secure 1 flow.
- The IP and HMAC checks for notifications are now completely independent. When we introduced the change in version 6.5.0, the checks in the code were still dependent on each other even after separating the settings.
- We have excluded adyen.js and adyen.css files from being minified in the configuration.
- Fixed an issue where the Google Pay button was shown regardless of validation results. We validate if the shopper has agreed to the terms and conditions and if Google Pay is available for them. The checkout page now only shows the Google Pay button when the validation is successful.
- Fixed an issue where Vault tokens were not saved for 3D Secure 2 credit cards.
- Fixed an issue where the shopper is redirected to the wrong storefront after 3D Secure authentication.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.5.0 (Sept 1st, 2020)
- New supported payment method: Swish.
- Guest shopper card data is now tokenised as well, if you enabled guest tokenisation in your Magento environment.
- There is now a Payment Origin URL field for PWA storefront integrations. Add your frontend URL to this field to connect your Adyen Web Components to your frontend server.
- Origin keys now persist in your local storage when you clear the cache to make a configuration change.
- For notifications you receive, you can now separately enable:
- HMAC key validation.
- IP address validation for the notification sender.
- Pay by mail now fetches the country code correctly.
- The Chrome SameSite cookie security settings no longer affect users redirected after 3DS1 authentication. Read more about How Chrome SameSite cookies affect your Magento integration.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.4.0 (July 31st, 2020)
- The plugin now supports voucher and QR code payment methods such as Multibanco and WeChatPay Desktop QR.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.3.0 (July 23rd, 2020)
- The plugin now supports Swish.
- We fixed an issue with loading the POS Payment method; this was a bug introduced in release 6.1.0.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.2.0 (June 26th, 2020)
- We improved the security of notification webhooks by adding HMAC signature validation. To protect your server from unauthorised notifications, we strongly recommend that you set up an HMAC key.
- Fixed an issue where an unauthenticated user could cancel an ongoing point-of-sale transaction.
- Fixed an issue where an unauthenticated user could perform side-channel attacks to obtain notification credentials and affect the transaction notification flow.
- Fixed an issue where an unauthenticated user could perform a brute forcing attack to obtain notification credentials and affect the transaction notification flow.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.1.0 (May 15th, 2020)
Important note for PWA integrations: there is an adjustment in the 3D Secure 2 setup. Refer to our technical release notes on GitHub to see what you need to do.
- We have introduced a new feature that you can use to sync the configuration between environments. For example, you can use this to sync the configuration between a developer's local instance and a testers test environment before you go live.
- You can now manually adjust the cancellation of orders based on notifications. As this is not a very common scenario, you can only make manual adjustments using the database.
- Added the Visa/Dankort logo.
- When we don't receive a return URL in the 3D Secure 1 response, we no longer cancel the order. Instead, we look at the notifications to see what should happen with the payment, as these are more reliable.
- Your shoppers can now click the “Pay” button and complete a checkout without providing a billing address.
- Fixed a Google Pay bug and several other bugs.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.0.0 (March 31st, 2020)
This major release introduces several changes that break the backward compatibility of the plugin:
- Version update of the PHP library.
- New API endpoint for PWA storefront integrations.
- Fixed flow for providing the order ID in Magento's
- The Adyen API Library for PHP is updated from version 5 to 6.
- For PWA storefront integrations, we introduced a new API endpoint to retrieve the current payment status of an order. The documentation will be updated soon.
- The Checkout Component is updated from version 3.0.0 to 3.4.0.
- Support for dual-branded Mexican cards and payments in Mexican peso (MXN).
- In modification requests, we now pass the store ID from the order. Previously we passed the default store ID. For merchants with multiple stores this wasn't always what they expected.
- We didn't directly provide the order ID in the Magento
payment-informationAPI response. This caused other Magento plugins to not always work.
- Recurring payments with Apple Pay didn't work.
- Apple Pay was shown as available payment method on browsers that don't support it.
- The local language that was set in the Configuration panel didn't always match the language of the webshops.
- Merchants on Magento version 2.2.7 weren't able to download and configure the Adyen Magento plugin.
- Klarna discount lines had positive amounts instead of negative amounts.
- In a PWA storefront integration, the session wasn't always available when retrieving the payment methods.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.4.0 (Feb 18th, 2020)
- You can now see an overview of all Adyen notifications on the Magento admin page.
- The fashioncheque gift card logo has been added.
- Google Pay is working on the production environment again.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.3.0 (Jan 28th, 2020)
- If a refund fails, a notification will be shown on the admin panel.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.2.0 (Jan 21st, 2020)
- In some scenarios, an order was not being created after a payment request was processed using guest checkout.
- Google Pay button didn’t appear as a payment method at checkout.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.1.0 (Dec 16th, 2019)
- Added support for Combo Cards in Brazil. A shopper can choose whether they want to pay with debit or credit by using a drop-down menu.
- Credit cards were not appearing in the list of available payment methods in the Magento PWA Storefront.
- In some scenarios, stock levels were incorrect after an order was canceled.
- In some scenarios, shoppers weren't able to pay using Afterpay Touch.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.0.0 (Nov 1st, 2019)
- You now have the option to store the shopper's payment details for recurring payments when initiating backend orders (MOTO).
- The checkout form additionally supports logos for the following payment methods:
- Klarna Pay Now
- Direct Debit (Great Britain)
- Boekenbon Gift Cards
- VVV Cadeaubon Gift Cards
- Web Drop-in and Components updated to version 3.2.0. Refer to the Web Drop-In and Components release notes to learn more about the changes.
- We now record individual steps of the payment request process in the log files.
- The option of initiating backend orders (MOTO) is now permanently enabled.
- In some scenarios the order was not being created after the payment request was processed.
- In some scenarios, 3D Secure payments were not working.
- When shoppers updated their billing address at checkout, the old address was being sent with the payment request.
- Returning shoppers using previously stored card details were unable to complete the purchase after a failed 3D Secure 2 challenge.
- We now send the
shopperInteractionfield in recurring payment requests using billing agreements.
- We now include the
shopperIPin payment requests.
- The 3D Secure 2 popup wasn't initiated for guest checkout.
A fix for this issue is available in version 5.0.2.
Magento 2 payments plugin 4.5.0 (Sept 5th, 2019)
Apple Pay additionally supports the following card brands:
- You can now build a Progressive Web App shop. For more information, see Magento PWA storefront integration.
You can now see which Adyen API key you are using for live and test payments. To view these in your Magento admin panel, go to:
- Stores > Configuration.
- In the menu, go to Sales > Payment Methods > Adyen All-In-One Payment Solutions > CreditCard API integration.
The last four digits of your stored API key for Test and API key for Live are visible.
- The email address of a guest shopper will now appear in your Customer Area > Transactions > Payments.
In this release we fixed the following issues:
- In some scenarios, billing agreements were not being stored.
- The Shopper IP usage frequency risk check would be triggered incorrectly.
Magento 2 payments plugin 4.4.0 (August 14, 2019)
- Added support for Google Pay.
- Added support for point-of-sale installments.
- Improved plugin support for Magento 2.3.2.