For technical details about these changes, refer to the releases on GitHub.
Magento 2 payments plugin 6.0.0 (March 31st, 2020)
This major release introduces several changes that break the backward compatibility of the plugin:
- Version update of the PHP library.
- New API endpoint for PWA storefront integrations.
- Fixed flow for providing the order ID in Magento's
Another major release (7.0.0) is planned for the near future (4-6 weeks). This will include changes to the user interface of the improved admin configuration page.
- The Adyen API Library for PHP is updated from version 5 to 6.
- For PWA storefront integrations, we introduced a new API endpoint to retrieve the current payment status of an order. The documentation will be updated soon.
- The Checkout Component is updated from version 3.0.0 to 3.4.0.
- Support for dual-branded Mexican cards and payments in Mexican peso (MXN).
- In modification requests, we now pass the store ID from the order. Previously we passed the default store ID. For merchants with multiple stores this wasn't always what they expected.
- We didn't directly provide the order ID in the Magento
payment-informationAPI response. This caused other Magento plugins to not always work.
- Recurring payments with Apple Pay didn't work.
- Apple Pay was shown as available payment method on browsers that don't support it.
- The local language that was set in the Configuration panel didn't always match the language of the webshops.
- Merchants on Magento version 2.2.7 weren't able to download and configure the Adyen Magento plugin.
- Klarna discount lines had positive amounts instead of negative amounts.
- In a PWA storefront integration, the session wasn't always available when retrieving the payment methods.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.4.0 (Feb 18th, 2020)
- You can now see an overview of all Adyen notifications on the Magento admin page.
- The fashioncheque gift card logo has been added.
- Google Pay is working on the production environment again.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.3.0 (Jan 28th, 2020)
- If a refund fails, a notification will be shown on the admin panel.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.2.0 (Jan 21st, 2020)
- In some scenarios, an order was not being created after a payment request was processed using guest checkout.
- Google Pay button didn’t appear as a payment method at checkout.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.1.0 (Dec 16th, 2019)
- Added support for Combo Cards in Brazil. A shopper can choose whether they want to pay with debit or credit by using a drop-down menu.
- Credit cards were not appearing in the list of available payment methods in the Magento PWA Storefront.
- In some scenarios, stock levels were incorrect after an order was canceled.
- In some scenarios, shoppers weren't able to pay using Afterpay Touch.
Magento 2 payments plugin 5.0.0 (Nov 1st, 2019)
- You now have the option to store the shopper's payment details for recurring payments when initiating backend orders (MOTO).
- The checkout form additionally supports logos for the following payment methods:
- Klarna Pay Now
- Direct Debit (Great Britain)
- Boekenbon Gift Cards
- VVV Cadeaubon Gift Cards
- Web Drop-in and Components updated to version 3.2.0. Refer to the Web Drop-In and Components release notes to learn more about the changes.
- We now record individual steps of the payment request process in the log files.
- The option of initiating backend orders (MOTO) is now permanently enabled.
- In some scenarios the order was not being created after the payment request was processed.
- In some scenarios, 3D Secure payments were not working.
- When shoppers updated their billing address at checkout, the old address was being sent with the payment request.
- Returning shoppers using previously stored card details were unable to complete the purchase after a failed 3D Secure 2 challenge.
- We now send the
shopperInteractionfield in recurring payment requests using billing agreements.
- We now include the
shopperIPin payment requests.
- The 3D Secure 2 popup wasn't initiated for guest checkout.
A fix for this issue is available in version 5.0.2.
Magento 2 payments plugin 4.5.0 (Sept 5th, 2019)
Apple Pay additionally supports the following card brands:
- You can now build a Progressive Web App shop. For more information, see Magento PWA storefront integration.
You can now see which Adyen API key you are using for live and test payments. To view these in your Magento admin panel, go to:
- Stores > Configuration.
- In the menu, go to Sales > Payment Methods > Adyen All-In-One Payment Solutions > CreditCard API integration.
The last four digits of your stored API key for Test and API key for Live are visible.
- The email address of a guest shopper will now appear in your Customer Area > Transactions > Payments.
In this release we fixed the following issues:
- In some scenarios, billing agreements were not being stored.
- The Shopper IP usage frequency risk check would be triggered incorrectly.
Magento 2 payments plugin 4.4.0 (August 14, 2019)
- Added support for Google Pay.
- Added support for point-of-sale installments.
- Improved plugin support for Magento 2.3.2.