There are two ways to set up your Magento 2 integration:
Automated: available for Magento 2 plugin version 8.4.0 or later.
- We recommend this option if you are new to using the Magento 2 plugin.
- The required settings are configured automatically for you by using your API key.
Manual: available for all Magento 2 plugin versions.
- We recommend this option if you have used the Magento 2 plugin before.
- You manually generate credentials and configure your integration.
Choose the way you want to set up your integration:
Step 1: Generate your API and client keys
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Developers > API credentials, and select the API credential username for your integration, for example ws@Company.[YourCompanyAccount], or create a new one by selecting Create new credential.
- Under Server settings > Authentication select the API key tab.
- Select Generate API key.
- Select the copy icon and store your API key securely in your system.
You will need it when configuring the Magento 2 plugin.
- Under Client settings > Authentication select the Client key tab.
- Select Generate client key.
- Select Save changes.
Step 2 (optional): Set up capture delay
For credit cards, the payment is completed in two steps:
- Authorisation – The payment details of the shopper are verified, and the funds are reserved.
- Capture – The reserved funds are transferred from the shopper to your account.
You can either perform the capture manually in Magento, or have it happen automatically after the payment has been authorised.
To change the capture delay:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant account.
- Go to Settings > Account settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- manual if you want to capture all payments manually in Magento.
- immediate if you want payments to be captured immediately after authorisation (this is the default setting).
- Select Submit.
Step 3 (optional): Set up case management behavior
For an extra layer of fraud protection, you may want to manually review a transaction before it is captured. A transaction can be sent to case management for manual review when it reaches a certain risk score or triggers a specific risk rule. For more information see Case management.
To use case management with the plugin:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your company account.
- Go to Risk > Settings.
- Select Global settings and scroll to Case management.
- Under Case management behavior select the following:
- Accept: Select Capture and tick the Send notification box.
- Reject: Select Cancel and tick the Send notification box.
- Expire: Can be left None as this will be automatically handled by the plugin.