Step 1: Generate an API key
For authenticating API requests from your Magento platform, you need to provide an API key.
To generate an API Key:
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Account > Users, and click the user ws@Company.[YourCompanyAccount].
Under Authentication, click Generate New API Key.
Don't forget to copy and securely store the API Key in your system – you will need it later when configuring the plugin in Magento.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Set up notifications
Adyen uses notifications, our webhook service, to inform your Magento platform of payment status changes. For more information, refer to Notifications.
To receive notifications:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your company-level account.
- Go to Account > Server Communication.
- Next to Standard Notification, click Add.
- In the URL box, enter your website URL followed by /adyen/process/json.
- Select the Active checkbox.
- Set Method to JSON.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, enter a user name and password that you want to use for your Adyen notifications.
Take a note of this information in a secure way. You will need it later when configuring the plugin in Magento.
- Click Save Configuration.
Step 3 (optional): Set capture delay
For credit cards, the payment is completed in two steps:
- Authorisation – The payment details of the shopper are verified, and the funds are reserved.
- Capture – The reserved funds are transferred from the shopper to your account.
You can either perform the capture manually in Magento, or have it happen automatically after the payment has been authorised. In case of automatic capture, you can choose whether payments are captured immediately after authorisation, or after some fixed number of days. The default setting is immediate automatic capture.
To change the capture delay:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant-level account.
- Go to Account > Settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, select one of the following:
- manual if you want to capture all payments manually in Magento.
- the number of days between authorisation and automatic capture.
- immediate if you want payments to be captured immediately after authorisation (this is the default setting).
- Click Submit.