NetSuite supports tokenization for ecommerce transactions.
Before you begin
You must turn on Payment Instruments for tokenization to work. Turning on Payment Instruments changes the UI and the fields in NetSuite.
Configure tokenization for Adyen transactions:
- Go to Setup > Accounting > Payment Processing Profiles. Select the profile you use with Adyen.
Select Edit and configure the following fields under [ES] Adyen SuitePayment Main Config:
Field Description PAYMENT CARD TOKENIZATION Select Yes if you want to tokenize payment cards. Otherwise, select No. RECURRING PROCESSING MODEL Select a default recurring processing model. This will be sent with the payment request.
Under the Tokenization section, configure the following fields:
Field Description REPLACE PAYMENT CARD BY TOKEN Select this checkbox if you want a token to replace payment card details. This only applies if PAYMENT CARD TOKENIZATION under [ES] Adyen SuitePayment Main Config is set to Yes. PAYMENT CARD TOKEN PAYMENT METHOD Select the payment method card token you want to use. GENERAL TOKEN PAYMENT METHOD Select Adyen Token.
Import an existing token
Store a token in a Customer Record
- Go to List > Relationships > Customers. Select View for the customer record you want to view.
- Select Edit. Go to the Financial tab and select the Payment Instruments tab. Select New.
Configure the following fields:
Field Description TYPE Select either General Token or Payment Card Token. PAYMENT METHOD Select either Adyen General Token or Adyen Card Token, depending on the TYPE. TOKEN Enter the token. TOKEN FAMILY Select Adyen.
- Fill out the other relevant fields on the page and select Save.
If you want to import a token created outside of NetSuite, you need to add an Adyen Shopper Reference. If you don't add a shopper reference, NetSuite uses the shopper's internal ID as the Adyen Shopper Reference. Adyen invalidates any existing token that does not match the Adyen Shopper Reference.
Add an Adyen shopper reference
- Select Edit in the Customer Record.
- Go to Classification and enter the Adyen Shopper Reference in the ADYEN SHOPPER REFERENCE field.
- Select Save.
Overwrite tokenization options in a transaction
You can override tokenization options for a transaction using a credit card when processing the transaction.
- Go to the Transaction for which you want to override tokenization options.
- Select Edit and go to the Billing tab.
In the Payment tab, configure the following fields:
Field Description ADYEN PAYMENT CARD TOKENIZATION OVERRIDE Select Yes to tokenize the transaction.
Select No to not tokenize the transaction.
Leave blank to inherit the setting from the Payment Processing Profile.
ADYEN RECURRING PROCESSING MODEL OVERRIDE Select the Recurring Processing Model you want to use. Leave blank to inherit the setting from the Payment Processing Profile.
You need to set up notification webhooks in NetSuite before getting token notifications.
General token notifications
You get a general token notification when a non-card token is created. General token notifications do not include notifications for card payment tokens.
To set up company-wide general token notifications:
- Go to Setup > Company > General Preferences and go to the Custom Preferences tab.
- Go to the GENERAL TOKEN: PAYMENT METHOD field and select the payment method to use when generating a general token.
To view general token notifications:
- Go to Transactions > Management > View Gateway Asynchronous Notifications.
- Select the notification you want to view.
Card payment token notifications
To view notifications for transactions that use card payment tokens:
- Go to the transaction page for the order you want to view.
- Go to the Billing tab. Under the Payment tab, you can see notifications.
To validate if a token was created, you can go to a Customer Record and see their token in the payment instrument.