Language Admin Menu
The Admin menu language can be different to the transaction processing language.
We've implemented this change because:
- Our POS support team can troubleshoot issues more easily when the language for the Admin menu is English.
- The UI in the Admin menu is not shown properly in all supported languages
English is the default from this version. Other languages must be set as default explicitly if required.
We have added the TxStore feature to allow you to review previous transactions processed by a PED using our Adyen POS libraries.
Terminal configuration from the Adyen Customer area
In the Adyen Customer Area you can adjust the terminal configuration, which will be picked up automatically by the terminal. Certain terminal settings could only be adjusted on the terminal itself and were not visible in the Adyen Customer Area.
From this version onwards, specific terminal configurations (eg. network settings) are sent by the terminal to the Adyen Customer Area. This makes it easier for POS support to troubleshoot issues.
Skip nightly reboot
The terminal always executes a nightly reboot. In some scenarios, for example Black Friday, merchants require that terminals don't reboot. Merchants can now skip the nightly reboot at an indicated date to facilitate those requests.
Remove terminal configuration remotely
To decouple a terminal from a merchant account, we required that merchants remove the configuration on the terminal itself.
From this version onwards, we removed this dependency by enabling a remote terminal configuration removal. This action can be executed by POS support and simplifies the off-boarding process.
Switch Interface mid tender based on issuer response
Issuer responses indicate when daily contactless amount limits are exceeded. This resulted in a declined transaction.
From this version onwards, we keep the tender alive and prompt the shopper to insert their card. This provides a better shopper experience as the transaction is initiated only once.
We have added the ability to change the default Ethernet Autonegotiation to set values in port speed (10/100) and duplex (full/half). IN some rare cases, this can solve connectivity issues with specific network equipment connected to a terminal. Changes can be applied via the Network section of the Admin menu. The terminal will reboot after an option is changed and boot with the new network setting.
Default roaming settings
Roaming is switched on by default. In previous versions roaming was switched off by default.
Reporting of cancellations
We have added a cancellation reason, as we already reported on merchant and shopper cancelled transactions. For situations where the terminal is actually cancelling the transaction, for example time-outs, we now report these as 'terminal cancelled' transaction in the Customer Area to provide better insights.
Retry on data authentication failures
Payment flow is adjusted when there is a data authentication failure. Previously, The transaction went directly to the "refused" state, but in a lot of those cases the payment is correctly processed on the second attempt. It could be the case that the card wasn't inserted correctly or that the card moved a bit during transaction.
Instead of declining the transaction right away the terminal now prompts for a retry. The tender is kept alive which provides a better shopper experience.
- An issue occurs if you have an existing Wi-Fi profile, and you add a new profile with a wrong password, and then remove the new profile. The incorrect password prompt will remain, even when the profile with a wrong password is removed.
- A prompt for the incorrect password is only given when the incorrect password contains special characters.
- When a terminal in standalone mode is idle for a few minutes, and is activated again by using the touchscreen, the terminal prompts for a card, while an amount was not entered.
- When a final approved receipt is being printed, the transaction can not be cancelled anymore from this version onwards.
- Battery charging indicator. It is unclear whether the device was actually charging when a charger was plugged in.
- Handling of cards with contactless disabled.
- Printing for the VX820 Duet.
- Bluetooth connection issues