The standalone solution lets you process payments through Adyen using our payment terminals without needing a cash register system.
Here we describe how you can take your standalone solution live.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have a live account and a signed contract. For instructions, refer to Get started with Adyen.
Step 1: Set up your Adyen live account
The structure from your test account is not copied over. This means you need to set up a structure for your live account from scratch, using your live Customer Area.
Request the merchant accounts that you need, providing as many details as possible and ensuring you submit the correct documents and links. The usual processing time is around four business days.
- Optional. If you want to add stores to your account structure, wait for confirmation that your live merchant accounts are created and then submit your store request form. The usual processing time is around two business days.
Request merchant accounts
Add one or more merchant accounts.
Optional. Add one or more stores to your merchant accounts.
Step 2: Order live payment terminals
Your test terminals are for testing purposes only. They can't process live payments. This means you need to order new terminals from your live Customer Area.
- Order the terminals that are needed in your physical stores.
It usually takes around four business days before your terminals arrive.
Step 3: Prepare your terminals
The terminal settings from your test environment are not copied over. This means you need to configure your live terminals from scratch in your live Customer Area. You can configure settings at the company account level, the merchant account level, the store level, or the terminal level.
Set up your terminals to operate as standalone terminals.
Configure terminal and payment features. For example, you can add wallet payment methods or add branding to your terminals.
- Optional. Assign the terminals to a store. This makes it easier to get your terminals up and running when you receive them.
Set up Standalone
Make your terminals ready for use as standalone devices.
Add branding and set up payment features.
Optional. Prepare your terminals for quicker boarding.
Step 4: Get your terminals up and running
- When you receive a terminal, follow the steps in the manual for your terminal model to get it up and running. The steps are to:
- Inspect the terminal, to verify it has not been tampered with
- Insert the receipt paper roll
- Turn on the terminal
- Connect the terminal to your network
- Board the terminal
- Test the connection with the Adyen payments platform
Now you are ready to process your first live payment!