Our Standalone solution
If you don't need a fully featured API integration, you may want to use our Standalone terminal solution.
Adyen offers a range of the latest Verifone terminals. When used in an API integration, these all support:
- Card, wallet, and QR code payment methods.
- Multiple languages.
- Shopper recognition.
- Tax-free shopping.
- Customizable screen and receipt logos.
- Using beacons to connect your cash register to the nearest terminal.
Each terminal model offers specific features, such as large screen or built-in printer, which you should consider when you choose terminals for your integration.
Step 1: Choose terminals
You may wish to choose one model of terminal for your integration, or use a combination of different terminal models.
We offer terminals for the following use-cases:
- Countertop: A stationary terminal with a small footprint. Great for retail.
- Multimedia: Its large screen provides a rich multimedia experience, and elegantly collects input from your shoppers.
- Portable: Due to its built-in printer, this battery-powered terminal is ideal for hospitality, food and beverage, or high-end retail stores. It also has 4G fallback, in case of connection issues.
- Handheld: Small and battery-powered, this terminal works great in an endless aisle solution. It also has 3G fallback, in case of connection issues.
With its small footprint and ethernet connection, the Verifone P400 works well on a stationary retail counter.
- 3.5" touchscreen
The Verifone M400 terminal features a large screen, which is ideal for:
- Displaying line items, virtual receipts, and advertising on the screen.
- Collecting shopper input, such as a shopper's email address, signature, or survey feedback.
- 5" touchscreen.
The Verifone V400m can either be powered by power adapter, or with the included battery pack.
It features a built-in printer for portable transaction processing, and 4G fallback so you can continue processing in case of connection issues.
This terminal can be used in fully featured API integrations, or as a Standalone terminal.
- 3.5" touchscreen
- Optional: Ethernet base station with Bluetooth connectivity
The Verifone e285 is our smallest terminal. It runs on battery power, and can be connected to an iPad or tablet for on-the-go processing.
The e285 also features 3G fallback, so you can continue processing payments in case of Wi-Fi connection issues.
- 2.8" touchscreen
Once you've chosen the terminal that fits your business needs, you can order it from your Adyen Customer Area.
For information on setting up a terminal, refer to our terminal manuals.
Step 2: Order terminals
You can order terminals for testing from your Customer Area. Each terminal comes with a card you can use to make test transactons. Once ordered, they will be dispatched from our warehouse within two business days.
Terminals you order through this link can only be used in a test integration. When you’re ready to go live, you will need to order terminals that can make live payments.
When your terminal arrives you will need to board the terminal. This connects the terminal to the internet, and associates it with one of your physical stores.
Before you can do this, you will need to create an Adyen store account for each of your physical stores. You may wish to do this while you are waiting for your terminal to arrive.