With our Tap to Pay on iPhone solution you can accept contactless in-person payments using an iPhone as the payment interface, and process these payments on the Adyen payments platform.
For this solution you need to integrate the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS into your iOS POS app.
Before you start
Get in touch with your Adyen contact and sign the contract addendum that specifies the terms and conditions for the use of Tap to Pay.
Make sure your POS app is integrated with our Terminal API.
Integrating your POS app with Terminal API is described in other sections of our documentation.
Here, we describe how to integrate your POS app with our SDK to make Tap to Pay on iPhone transactions.
Check the requirements. Specifically:
- Xcode version 14.0.1 or later
- An iPhone Xs or later with iOS version 15.5 or later
Optionally have a look at these resources for Tap to Pay on iPhone:
How it works
This is how the solution's components work together:
- Your POS app creates a Terminal API payment request.
- The POS app passes the payment request to the Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS.
- The Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS passes the request to the Tap to Pay on iPhone component.
- The customer completes the payment by tapping their card or mobile device on the iPhone.
- The Adyen POS Mobile SDK for iOS passes the Terminal API payment response to the POS app.
Steps to build the solution
To set up the Tap to Pay on iPhone solution: