By default, DHCP is enabled on the UX300 unattended payment terminal. With this setting, your DHCP server assigns an IP address to the terminal. Connecting an Ethernet cable is all you have to do to connect the terminal to your network.
However, if you are not able to use a DHCP server, you need to disable DHCP and define a static IP address for the terminal, in addition to connecting the Ethernet cable.
Connect the UX terminal to your network
Connect an Ethernet cable between the ETH (LAN) port of the UX300 card reader and your network.
Only connect a regular Ethernet cable to the ETH (LAN) port. Using any other type of cable or another port, such as the RS232 port, might severely damage the device.
Define a static IP address
If you can't use a DHCP server to assign an IP address to the UX terminal, you need to define a static IP address.
- On the UX100 PIN pad, press 9 and then press OK.
- Enter the admin PIN code and press OK. If you don't know this code, you can learn how to retrieve it in our POS Troubleshooting section.
- Select 1 Network and press OK.
- Select 2 Ethernet and press OK. The IP settings page opens with the pointer in the IP address field.
- Disable DHCP: Press the Up arrow key to go to the Use DHCP check box at the top of the page, and then press OK to clear the check box.
Enter your network information in the remaining fields.
- To go from field to field, use the Up and Down arrow keys.
- To remove characters, press CORR.
To type a dot (.) press 0 two times.
- To apply the changes and close the menu, press STOP.