Before you begin
- Check the capabilities of the source and destination account holders. You can move funds between the balance accounts of the same account holder. However, if the balance accounts don't belong to the same account holder, the account holders must be allowed to use the corresponding capability.
- sendToBalanceAccount: The account holder that owns the source balance account must be allowed to use this capability.
- receiveFromBalanceAccount: The account holder that owns the destination balance account must be allowed to use this capability.
- Ensure that your server can receive and accept webhooks.
- Contact our Support Team:
- To enable transfers for the source balance account.
- If you want to configure a default transfer description for your platform.
Step 1. Initiate a transfer
The following tabs explain two procedures to initiate transfers.
Make a POST /transfers request specifying:
Parameter Required Description amount Object containing the currency and value of the transfer. balanceAccountId Unique identifier of the source balance account. category Set to internal. counterparty.balanceAccountId Unique identifier of the recipient balance account. description Your description for the transfer. reference Your unique reference for the transfer. referenceForBeneficiary Your reference for the transfer that is sent to the recipient and in all webhooks.
Here is an example of how you can transfer EUR 100 from your liable balance account to another balance account.
The response contains a unique
idfor the transfer request.
Step 2: Get updates on the status of the transfer
Track the transfer request through webhooks that Adyen sends to your server. The webhooks provide the status of the request. The webhooks will also inform you if the transfer failed.
You can also view the transfer in your Balance Platform Customer Area.