Capture, cancel, and refund actions are called modifications, since they modify the state of a payment. The possible payment modifications are:
- Capture – Capture approved authorisation when it is necessary to complete the payment.
- Cancel – Cancel authorisation when the payment has not yet been captured.
- Refund – Return the funds to the shopper when the payment has already been captured.
- Cancel or refund – Return the funds to the shopper when you are not sure whether the payment has been captured.
- Adjust authorisation – Adjust the authorised amount after the initial authorisation.