Learn about pricing and settlement services for Apple Pay on adyen.com.
Apple Pay provides a secure and seamless payment method that you can offer in-app, in store, and on the web. Apple Pay uses network tokenization, stores payment information securely in the shopper's Apple Pay eligible device, and confirms the payment through Touch ID or Face ID authentication. If you are implementing in Europe, Apple Pay is PSD2 SCA-compliant.
When the shopper selects Apple Pay, they are presented with a payment sheet where they choose a card and provide contact details and shipping address. Then they are prompted to authenticate the payment through Face ID or Touch ID.
Apple Pay supports liability shift for American Express, Discover, JCB, Mastercard and Visa cards. For Visa, liability shift occurs for transactions with cards issued in the Europe region.
Adyen does not currently support UnionPay cards through Apple Pay.
|Payment type||Payment flow||Countries||Currencies||Recurring||Refunds||Partial refunds||Multiple partial refunds||Separate captures||Partial captures||Multiple partial captures||Chargebacks|
Express payment method support
You can configure the Apple Pay Web Component to use Apple Pay as an express payment method.
Apple Pay is available with specific issuers, on specific devices and browsers, and in specific countries. Refer to:
- List of issuers that support Apple Pay.
- List of devices and browsers compatible with Apple Pay.
- List of countries and regions where Apple Pay is available.
Our integration supports the following card networks:
- American Express: Supported globally.
- Cartes Bancaires: Supported in France.
- Discover: Supported in the US.
- Electron: Supported globally.
- Elo: Supported in Brazil; you must have a local business entity in Brazil to offer this to shoppers.
- Girocard: Supported in Germany.
- Interac*: Supported in Canada; you must have a local business entity in Canada to offer this to shoppers.
- JCB: Supported in Japan.
- Maestro: Supported in the EU and Brazil.
- Mastercard: Supported globally.
- Visa: Supported globally.
How do you want to integrate?
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Apple Pay to your website.
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Apple Pay to your iOS app.
Use our pre-built UI solutions to add Apple Pay your cross-platform app.
Build your own UI for Apple Pay in your website or iOS app.
Point of sale
Accept in-person Apple Pay payments.