This page is for the Hosted Payment Pages (HPP) integration, which is deprecated.
This means we are:
- No longer developing the HPP integration.
- Not accepting new HPP integrations. Use the newer PayPal using Smart Payment Buttons integration instead.
PayPal's online documentation provides clear descriptions and explanations about how to carry out these tasks:
Grant API permission
Grant API permissions to the Adyen API in your live PayPal account.
- Credit payments to your PayPal account.
- Provide access to extra reporting features.
To set up API permission, do the following:
- Log in to PayPal with your PayPal Business account.
Follow PayPal's instructions:
Under Third Party Permission Username, enter:
- Live: Enter
Under Permissions, select the following boxes:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
- Process your shopper's credit or debit card payments.
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
- Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions.
- Generate consolidated reports for all accounts. (if available in your region)
- Use Express Checkout to process mobile payments. (if you plan on supporting mobile payments)
- Live: Enter
After completing this task, add PayPal in your Customer Area and provide the PayPal account email address that you want to use for your PayPal payment integration.
Add recurring payment management
Follow the steps described in the third-party API permission setup section.
In the Available Permission list, select the following check boxes:
- Charge an existing customer based on a prior transaction.
- Create and manage Recurring Payments.
After enabling recurring payments in your PayPal account, you can start executing recurring transactions programmatically through the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen by passing the
recurringDetailReference parameter for each subsequent recurring transaction via the API.
You can configure your PayPal account to remember how often a shopper should be charged (frequency options for recurring payments), without making API calls to the merchant each time it needs to check the value. For further details, refer to PayPal's Reference Transactions document. However, we do not recommend Adyen merchants to enable this feature because recurring transactions initiated by PayPal independent of the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen are not available in the Customer Area.
For using MASSPAY, you need to provide the following permissions additionally for the MassPay setup:
- Obtain your PayPal account balance.
- Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch.
Contact Support Team to know if this can be enabled for you.