You can issue refunds either in the Adyen Customer Area, or in the Magento admin panel. After a refund is issued, it cannot be cancelled or undone. Before you trigger this operation, make sure that the refund amount and any other details are correct.
If you make a refund in the Adyen Customer Area, a REFUND notification is sent to Magento, and a credit memo is created.
Issue a refund in Magento
To issue an order refund in Magento:
- Log in to your Magento admin panel.
- In the menu, go to Sales > Orders.
This opens the order overview page.
- Click on the order you want to refund.
- In the Order View left-hand navigation sidebar, select Invoices.
- In the invoice overview page for the selected order, select the order invoice you need to create a refund for.
- Select Credit Memo on the top-right corner of the page.
- In the New Credit Memo for Invoice page, scroll down to the Refund Totals pane.
- In this pane, you can issue a regular Refund or a Refund Offline.
- Refund: This option triggers the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen to automatically execute a refund for the transaction.
- Refund Offline: An offline refund does not trigger the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen. You need to take action and carry out the refund manually, for example from the Customer Area. In this case, two credit memos may be created. To prevent this from happening, enable the Ignore refund notification setting.
After a refund operation, the order status changes to Closed. This change is controlled by the Magento system, and we cannot influence it. The status change does not mean that the refund was carried out successfully on our side. If the Adyen status changes to REFUND:TRUE, then the refund went through successfully.