For older versions of the Adyen Payments Cartridge, see our older documentation. You can also learn more about how to migrate to Adyen Payments Cartridge version 20.1.0.
The setup from your test environment is not copied over to your live environment, so you need to configure live settings for:
After you have configured your live Customer Area and the Business Manager, test your integration by making real payments.
Set up your live account structure
- Create additional merchant accounts if needed for your business.
Give team members access to the live environment
- Create a separate user for each team member who needs to access your live Customer Area.
- Give each user the roles and account access required to perform their tasks.
- Set up system messages to be notified of important events such as chargebacks.
- Consider setting up two-factor authentication for increased security.
Set up payment methods
The cartridge renders the payment methods based on what is enabled in your Customer Area.
- Add all the payment methods that you want to offer to your shoppers.
- Check that the payment methods are rendered in the correct order in your checkout. You can change the order of local payment methods in your Customer Area > Settings > Checkout settings.
- Make sure that payments appear correctly on the shopper's bank statement. To make any adjustments to the shopper statement, contact our Support Team.
Receive payouts from Adyen
Add information about the bank accounts where you want to receive the payouts from Adyen, if you haven't done so as part of your application.
Review and change how you get paid, if required.
Use reports for reconciliation
- Set up automatic generation of reports.
- Use the Settlement details report to reconcile your accounts on a transaction level.
- Consider automating your reconciliation process.
(Optional) Set up a Reserve
- Consider setting up a Reserve: this is used for refunds and other operational expenses in case of insufficient in-process funds.
Risk and compliance
To learn more about risk management with Adyen, sign up for an upcoming webinar.
By default, your Adyen account has a risk profile based on industry standards.
- Review and customize your risk profile.
- Set up system messages about Fraudulent Payments (NOF) and Chargebacks (NOC).
- Make sure that you know how risk rules are triggered, for example by making a payment where the billing address is different from the delivery address, or using different email addresses with the same IP address.
Note that for Visa and Mastercard, the enrollment for 3D Secure can take up to seven days. This means that you might not be able to offer 3D Secure to your shoppers immediately after your live Customer Area has been activated.
- Make sure that you have enabled 3D Secure 2 in the Business Manager.
- Configure your own rules for Dynamic 3D Secure, to have more control over which transactions are processed with 3D Secure.
When using our Salesforce Commerce Cloud cartridge, you need to assess your PCI DSS compliance according to the Self-Assessment Questionnaire A (SAQ A).
- Generate an API key in your live Customer Area, and copy it over to the Business Manager.
- Make sure your live API credentials have the following permissions:
- Merchant Recurring role
- Checkout webservice role
- Checkout encrypted cardholder data
- If accepting donations, enable receiving the Variant in the API response.
Set up webhooks in your live Customer Area, and in the Business Manager.
Check that you're receiving all webhook event types needed for your integration.
To prevent webhook events being queued, make sure that you accept all webhook events.
The cartridge has a scheduled job that handles the webhook event. To test that this is working correctly:
- In your Customer Area, go to Developers > Webhooks.
- Next to Standard Webhook, select the edit webhook icon .
- Select Test Configuration.
- If you're on a company account, select a Merchant account from the dropdown list.
- In the Event dropdown list, select the event code.
If the webhook is working correctly, you will see an Output:
[accepted] and ResponseCode:
To make sure your integration can handle the entire payment lifecycle with real payment details, you need to test possible scenarios with real payment details.
Payments with real details incur fees. To have enough funds available for refunds, consider setting up a Reserve.
- For each payment method that you offer, make a successful payment using real details.
- Make a payment with
resultCode: Refused, for example by entering incorrect card details.
- Make a payment with
refusalReason: FRAUD, by triggering multiple risk checks to achieve a risk score above 100.
- Make a refund using our API, including a partial refund.
- Make a successful payment with 3D Secure authentication.
- Make a 3D Secure payment where the shopper fails to complete the challenge.
- Make sure that 3D Secure is triggered correctly according to your Dynamic 3D Secure settings and your risk profile.
When you have completed your tests, configure the following settings in the Business Manager.
- Go to Administration > Operations > Services:
- In the Credentials tab, for each live endpoint, edit the URL and replace [YOUR_LIVE_PREFIX] with your prefix. For more information, see live URL prefix.
- In the Services tab, select each service individually. For each service, next to the Credentials field at the bottom, select the corresponding service name that ends with live and select Apply.
- Go to Merchant tools > Custom preferences:
- Switch adyen_mode from test to live.
- Replace the test credentials with live credentials.
- Payment methods
- If you use PayPal, you need a PayPal merchant ID to accept live payments.
- If you use Google Pay, you need a Google merchant ID to accept live payments.
- If you use Apple Pay, you need to set it up either using Adyen's Apple Pay certificate or using your own Apple Pay certificate.
Merchants accepting payments in India have to make changes to the following configuration:
- Go to Merchant tools > Custom preferences.
- Switch adyen_mode from test to live.
- Replace test credentials with live credentials.
- In the Region dropdown menu, select "IN".
Once you've completed the above checklist, you're ready to accept live payments!