With our card reader solution you can accept mobile in-person payments using a card reader as the payment interface, and process these payments on the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen.
The card reader is paired with an iOS mobile device through Bluetooth. On the iOS mobile device, payment requests are initiated from a POS app. On the card reader, the customer can tap, insert, or swipe their card, or use a digital wallet like Apple Pay.
For this solution you need to integrate the Adyen iOS SDK into your iOS POS app.
Before you start
- Make sure your POS app is integrated with our Terminal API.
Integrating your POS app with Terminal API is described in other sections of our documentation.
Here, we describe how to integrate your POS app with our SDK to make transactions using a card reader.
- Check the requirements. Specifically:
- Xcode version 13.4
- An iOS mobile device with iOS version 15.1
- Order a test NYC1 card reader and a test card, and assign the reader to your store.
How it works
This is how the solution's components work together, after your mobile device and the card reader have been paired:
- Your POS app creates a Terminal API payment request, or receives a Terminal API payment request from your backend.
- The POS app passes the payment request to the Adyen iOS SDK.
- The Adyen iOS SDK initiates the card reader to take the transaction.
- The customer completes the payment by tapping their card or mobile device on the card reader, or by inserting or swiping their card.
- The Adyen iOS SDK passes the Terminal API payment response to the POS app.
Steps to build the solution
To set up the card reader solution: