With our Tap to Pay on iPhone solution you can accept contactless in-person payments using an iPhone as the payment interface, and process these payments on the plataforma de pagamentos da Adyen.
For this solution you need to integrate the Adyen iOS SDK into your iOS POS app.
Before you start
- Get in touch with your Adyen contact and sign the contract addendum for the use of Tap to Pay.
Make sure your POS app is integrated with our Terminal API.
Integrating your POS app with Terminal API is described in other sections of our documentation.
Here, we describe how to integrate your POS app with our SDK to make Tap to Pay on iPhone transactions.
- Check the requirements. Specifically:
- Xcode version 13.4
- An iPhone Xs or later with iOS version 15.1
- Optionally have a look at these resources for Tap to Pay on iPhone:
How it works
This is how the solution's components work together:
- Your POS app creates a Terminal API payment request.
- The POS app passes the payment request to the Adyen iOS SDK.
- The Adyen iOS SDK passes the request to the Tap to Pay on iPhone component.
- The customer completes the payment by tapping their card or mobile device on the iPhone.
- The Adyen iOS SDK passes the Terminal API payment response to the POS app.
Steps to build the solution
To set up the Tap to Pay on iPhone solution: