To view your risk settings:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your company account.
- Go to Risk > Risk Settings.
On the Risk Settings page you can:
Turn on or off Adyen's risk system.
Turn on RevenueProtect premium features.
Set up additional payment methods to be checked by the risk system.
Set up a capture delay for payments that have gone into case management.
Change case management automation behavior for acceptance and rejection of flagged cases.
Turn on account data properties like:
- Address Verification.
- IP-based risk rules for recurring transactions.
- Merchant and global referral lists.
- Company account risk data.
Velocity risk rules
Configure risk to run in the same data region as your payments.
To change risk settings only for a specific merchant account, switch to your merchant account and select the Override company settings checkbox.
Risk region configuration
By default, payments and risk checks are processed through our EU data center.
The default configuration can introduce latency for transactions outside of EU. You can choose to use location-based endpoints to process payments through our AU and US data centers. If you do not change your risk region configuration, risk checks are still performed using shopper and velocity databases in EU.
To further reduce latency, we recommend that you also change your risk region configuration to use the same region as your payments.
Storing data in other regions might have legal, privacy, or regulatory implications. Configuring the endpoints and risk region serves as a specific instruction to Adyen to change your existing setup. Discuss with your legal team before changing your settings.
If you want to use a location-based endpoint for your payments, we recommend that you prepare shopper and velocity data in the same region before migrating your payment requests:
- In the Region Configuration section, select a region and set the configuration to Storing data. The Storing data setting means you want to replicate data from EU and to store the replicated data in your selected region. We recommend that you keep the Storing data setting for 60 days. You can configure this on your company or merchant account based on your setup. For example, if your merchant accounts are separated by region, configure the data replication on a merchant level.
- After data is replicated and stored for at least 60 days in your selected region, change the configuration from Storing data to Active. EU (default setting) and your selected region will both be in Active status.
- Start submitting payment requests using the location-based endpoint for your selected region.
Changes to region settings will not be applied immediately. Our Support Team will review the setting. You will receive email notifications about the support ticket.