Contact Support Team to turn on these checks and coordinate with the third-party.
Airline Perseuss External Referral Check
Perseuss is an airline-specific risk mitigation system. You can call Perseuss and receive a risk score for the transaction, which affects the Adyen risk score.
Brazil CPF Check
The Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas (CPF) is the national tax registry in Brazil. You can check the shopper's credentials against the CPF database for Brazilian transactions.
Note that some of the data points used for this check (for example, phone number) are optional values in the payment requests. In order for this check to work properly, a complete set of shopper data should be submitted in the payment request.
There are sub-checks associated with this risk rule. Each allows for an individually configurable score to be added to the transaction score if the rule matches.
The checks are as follows:
- Invalid CPF: The shopper-submitted CPF is not a valid CPF number.
- Names not matching: The name associated with the transaction does not match with the name in the CPF database.
- Addresses not matching: The billing address associated with the transaction does not match that in the CPF database.
- Phone numbers not matching: The phone number associated with the transaction does not match that in the CPF database.
German SCHUFA Check
SCHUFA (Schutzgemeinschaft für allgemeine Kreditsicherung) is a German private credit bureau. Adyen's Risk management allows you to check shoppers credentials against the SCHUFA database for German SEPA transactions.
Some parameters are optional in payment requests (for example,
billingAddress), but are required for this check to work properly. The
billingAddress fields are mandatory for the SCHUFA check, while providing
gender and similar information is optional (though highly recommended). Submit all the required data fields to use this check and achieve a more accurate risk score.
The risk rule has filters that let you target high-value/high-risk transactions:
Transaction Euro amount: SEPA payments above this amount are checked. This field's value is measured in minor units.
- Pre-authorization total risk score: Most risk rules run before the authorization request. Specify a threshold value for this field to begin the SCHUFA check when the pre-auth risk score exceeds this threshold value.
SCHUFA responds with a value associated with a shopper. The risk rule allows you to specify two separate thresholds, with a corresponding risk score for each. If both are applicable based on the SCHUFA response, the highest of these scores is used for the risk rule.
For example, in the given configuration: a response:
- Of A or above returns a score of 10
- Of E or above returns 20.
- Of C returns an Adyen risk score of 10
- Of M returns a score of 20.
|SCHUFA Response||Risk Score||Riskiness|
Contact the Adyen Support Team to turn this check on.
External Risk Score (Generic)
This check takes a score submitted in the payment request and uses it to change the Adyen risk score. Use this if you are using a separate risk system. The external score must be calculated before the payment request is submitted (pre-auth).
You can set values to receive in the external risk score and the corresponding value of the rule should be added to the Adyen risk score. For example, an external value of 5 may add 40 to the Adyen risk score. This setting is an exact match.