Before you begin
- Board the terminal only after successfully following the steps in Prerequisites - VX820 Duet.
Board with the Adyen App
- Press + 9 to open the admin menu.
- Enter the admin PIN code (If you don't know this code, contact the Adyen POS Support Team).
The terminal displays the admin menu.
- Press 1. Network.
- Press 2. Ethernet.
- Press 1. TCP/IP settings to view and make a note of the terminal's IP address.
- Download and install the Adyen POS App from iTunes or the Google Play Store.
Board with an Android device
- Open the Adyen POS App.
- Enter your account details. These were provided in the registration email of your merchant account. If you do not have these, please email the Adyen POS Support Team.
- Tap .
- Tap Payment device.
- The app will prompt to select between Bluetooth and WiFi connection.
- Enter the IP address of your terminal and tap Add Device.
- The Adyen POS App identifies the terminal, synchronizes with the Adyen platform, and verifies the terminal configuration.
- The terminal restarts.
- Upon restart, the terminal is boarded and ready to use.
Board with an iOS device
- Open the Adyen POS App on the mobile device.
- Tap the icon.
- Tap the '+' at the top of the Payment device popup menu.
- Enter the device hostname or IP.
- The device will now be listed in the Payment device menu with the status "Not Boarded".
- Tap the name of the device. The device displays a message saying the device is not configured, with options to Cancel or Board device.
- Tap Board Device.
- The terminal begins boarding and restarts.
- Upon restart, the terminal is boarded and ready to be used.
Board with the Adyen Customer Area
- Log in to the Customer Area with your credentials.
- Open the Point-of-Sale menu.
- Search your terminal serial number in the Terminal Fleet Manager.
- Go to the Terminal Detail page.
- Assign the terminal to a merchant account by selecting a merchant code from the dropdown menu.
- Select a webservice user and assign the terminal.
- Enter the one-time password from the terminal detail page on the terminal to board the terminal.
- After rebooting, the terminal will receive the merchant configuration, and you can begin processing payments.
Board the terminal with the Adyen Platform in standalone mode
once to register it to our Adyen platform and configure it for standalone mode. From there you can continue to use the terminal in standalone mode, without the use of the Adyen POS App or our integrations.
Board the terminal with custom integrations
See Basic functionality - VX820 Duet for information on processing payments.