The new Installer Framework allows you to download and install firmware packages directly from the Adyen platform. The Installer runs at midnight and fetches updates to your PED's firmware.
Use the new Installer to view releases that are ready to install and view the packages to be installed. You can retrieve and install the configured release on the Adyen platform, run the installer immediately (rather than at midnight), and delete packages and releases.
The installer framework is available from firmware v. 14.
Open the Installer menu
Press + 9 to open the admin menu.
Press 2. Installer to open the Installer menu.
View, install and update releases
From the Installer menu,
- Press 1. View Release to view the latest available release.
This will show which packages the Installer will try to install when it runs.
- Press 2. View Packages to view packages installed.
This will show the packages installed and the status of each. For example, download errors per package can be viewed here.
Press 3. Update release.json to download the release.json file containing latest release information.
This will retrieve and install the release we have configured for you on the Adyen platform.
- Press 4. Run Installer to run the Installer immediately, rather than waiting until midnight. On restart, the device begins installing from the Installer framework.
The PED will restart multiple times while it downloads and configures updated system files.
Delete packages and releases
- Press 5. Delete packages. This will delete all packages installed so all packages will be re-installed on the next run.
- Press 6. Delete single package. This will delete all packages installed so all packages will be re-installed on the next run.
- Press 7. Delete release to delete the release. This will remove the release pushed from the Customer Area and install a firmware default but will keep the terminal registered to your merchant account.