Optimization Explorer (OE) is a reporting tool that gives you unique insights into your data. It highlights and identifies opportunities to improve your authorization rates (the percent of received transactions that are approved).
OE consists of two components:
- Tree builder – used to create the structure of the report.
- Explorer – used to view the report.
Each component is a separate report available in the reporting section of the Customer Area.
Using the explorer report, you can see multiple breakdowns of your transaction data.
The report consists of 3 sections:
- A date picker
- The baseline breakdown report
- Node details report
On the top left of the baseline breakdown report, from a dropdown menu select the tree to view. If no report is available for viewing, some default templates are available to start.
You can build your own specific report using the tree builder.
The baseline breakdown report is a hierarchical report that breaks down a merchant's transactions along specific dimensions. Each subset is called a node, with the top node being the baseline node, which consists of all received transactions over the period specified in the date picker (You can define your data based on Months, Weeks, or days).
Within each node, numerous data points are available:
- The number of transactions in that node (top left).
- The total euro amount of received transactions in the node (middle left).
- The percent of transactions that were authorized (bottom left).
- And the percent of transactions in the node with respect to the baseline (top right).
At the top right of the baseline breakdown report are several action buttons, these do the following things, from left to right:
- Download the data seen in the baseline breakdown report as a csv.
- Take a screenshot.
- Change the orientation of the report.
- Zoom in and out.
- Reset the zoom.
Click a node for more detailed information available in the Node details report.
The Node details report contains:
- Top left graph - Daily authorization rate (green line) with 7 day moving average (black line).
- Bottom left graph - Daily number of received transactions.
- Right graph - Monthly aggregates (only available if selected time period is more than 1 month).
Tree builder is used in conjunction with the optimization explorer and allows users to build their own unique views on their data. Using this you can manage existing trees and/or to create new trees.
Creating a new tree is a 3 step process:
Go to Reports -> Optimization Explorer Tree Builder.
Step 1: Select tree
Select an existing tree from the drop down, or click Create Tree to create a new tree..
Step 2: Edit tree
When you create a new tree, a "baseline" node appears with 2 drop down boxes.
- From the first drop down box, select a dimension to split the data (card type, issuer country, merchant account, etc.) There are 26 dimensions available.
From the second drop down box, specify the values to be used. Every selected value becomes a child node. Transactions that do not belong in one of the selected nodes are assigned to the Other node.
Advanced - It is also possible to group multiple dimension values to visualize them into a single node. To do this, select all dimension values you wish to group then click New Group and enter a name.
- Repeat the above steps breaking down the data along which ever dimensions you want until you are satisfied with the tree.
- Save the tree and then proceed to step 3.
On the left of the screen the tree can be (re)named and saved.
Step 3: Schedule tree
In the final step specify the time period for which you would like to import historic data
Scheduling usually takes about 1 hour but depending on the specified period it can take longer.
After completing scheduling, you receive an email notification and the tree is visible in the explorer.