If you require batch processing of payment modifications, the Customer Area offers the easiest way to get this done. Based on a simple CSV input file that you upload, the Customer Area will help you to complete missing details and fix errors in the input file. The Customer Area is able to help you with the following modifications:
- Cancel or refund
You can also submit authorisations in your Customer Area, but that requires a more complex input file that the Customer Area cannot help you with.
Before you begin
To be able to submit files in the Customer Area for batch processing of modifications, you need to have the following roles:
- Merchant submit batch modifications
- Merchant manage payments role
If you need to process modifications for multiple merchant accounts, contact our Support Team to enable this for you.
Create an input file
To create a valid CSV input file, keep to the following rules:
- The file does not contain a header row.
- Each modification is a separate record, on a separate line.
- All records contain the same fields.
- The records do not contain empty fields (null values).
- Each record can contain the following fields:
|Merchant account||The merchant account that you want to process the modifications for.|
|PSP reference||The PSP reference of the payment you want to modify.|
|Modification||Type of modification. Allowed values: authoriseReferral, capture, cancel, refund, or cancelOrRefund.|
|Amount||Transaction amount of the modification, in minor units. For example, if you want to refund 10 GBP, specify a value of 1000.
For cancelOrRefund we will always refund the full amount, no matter which value you provide here.
|Currency||Three-letter currency code.|
|Reference||Your unique reference for the modification.|
- If you don't provide a Merchant account, we use the name of the account you're uploading the input file from.
- If you don't provide the Modification, Amount, or Currency, you can use the Customer Area to add these fields. However, that would set the same value for all records.
Example input file:
YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8825579775423213,refund,1000,EUR, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,852557977271760C,refund,10000,EUR, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,853557726309420J,capture,19123,EUR,YOUR_MODIFICATION_REFERENCE YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8515572949781132,capture,4000,EUR,YOUR_MODIFICATION_REFERENCE YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8535572942929833,refund,1000,GBP, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8535572933671543,refund,1000,GBP, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8515571184680843,refund,6000,NOK, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8825579787887769,refund,2700,SGD, YOUR_MERCHANT_ACCOUNT,8825571079892854,cancelOrRefund,0,EUR,
- Create a CSV input file containing at least the PSP references of the payments you want to modify.
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Switch to your merchant account.
- Go to Finance > Batch modifications.
- Select Upload File, then select your CSV input file and select Submit.
Under Review Batch check for any errors:
If there are no errors, you'll see an overview of the batch, with the number of modifications and their total value.
"Incomplete data": all records in the input file are missing one or more fields.
You can add the missing fields in the input file and then upload the file again.
Or you can add the missing fields in the Customer Area, as described in the next step.
- Other errors: fix the input file based on the error description, and upload the file again.
To fix an Incomplete data error by adding missing fields in the Customer Area:
All records will get the same value for the added field.
- Select the + button. A dialog appears.
- In the Column field, select the field that is missing from the records.
- In the Fixed Value field, select the value to assign to the field, or enter an amount in minor units.
- Select Add Column.
- Repeat as needed if more fields are missing from the records.
- Select Upload.
The batch is QUEUED, and then PROCESSED.