On this page you'll learn the steps for developing your payouts integration and for taking your integration live.
Before you start building your integration, make sure that you have already:
Verify your test credentials
To verify that your test API credentials are working, make your first requests.
You'll need your credentials for the following:
- ws@BalancePlatform.[YourBalancePlatform]: You'll use the API key to make requests to the Configuration API and Transfers API.
- ws_@Scope.Company_[YourCompanyAccount]: You'll use your API credentials to make requests to the Legal Entity Management API using basic authentication.
Try out the requests below.
Use the API key for your ws@BalancePlatform.[YourBalancePlatform] API credential.
If the call was successful, you receive an HTTP 200 result code along with the
status of your balance platform.
Set up webhooks
Adyen sends webhooks to communicate events, such as when a resource was created or a payout was triggered.
- Configure a webhook endpoint.
Set up a webhook endpoint in your system to receive webhooks from Adyen.
- Configure webhooks in your Balance Platform Customer Area.
- Verify the HMAC signature (Recommended).
Verify that the webhook is sent from Adyen.
- Accept webhooks.
Acknowledge every webhook you receive.
Onboard your business entity
Before you can start paying out, Adyen needs to verify your information.
- Identify and collect the required information.
Check the required information based on the country where your business entity is operating in.
- Create legal entities.
Create the required legal entity resources for your business and for entities associated with the business.
- Associate legal entities.
Link other legal entities connected to the main entity.
- Create account holders.
Create account holders and link it to your legal entity.
- Get updates about account holders.
Get updates about the verification status and capability changes for an account holder.
- Upload additional documents (Conditional).
Adyen may require you to upload additional documents to verify your data.
- Create balance accounts.
Create balance accounts to hold your funds.
Pay out funds to your beneficiaries.
- Pay out on demand
Make on-demand payouts.
- Listen to webhooks.
Learn which webhooks Adyen sends to inform your server of payout events.
To get your payouts integration live, you need to apply for a live account. When you have your live account, follow the steps below to take your integration live.
Replicate your test account setup.
The setup from your test account is not replicated to your live account.
Update your code base.
Switch to live Balance Platform and Legal Entity API credentials.
Get your live API credentials from your Adyen contact. Use these credentials in your live platform.
Switch from test to live endpoints.
Change the endpoints from
live. For example,
Run end-to-end tests.
- Live Balance Platform and Legal Entity API credentials: Make your first live API request to make sure that your live API credentials are working.
- Legal entities: Confirm that you can create legal entities.
- Account holders and balance accounts: Confirm you can create and retrieve account holders and balance accounts.
- Test successful payment scenarios.
- Test your error handling scenarios. For example, when payments are declined.
- Webhooks: Confirm that you can receive and accept webhooks in the live environment.