Single sign-on (SSO) lets you use the same set of credentials to securely access several other services, like your work email or your Adyen Customer Area.
The Customer Area supports SSO based on the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 protocol. SSO solutions that use the SAML 2.0 protocol include Okta, Azure, and Microsoft AD FS.
The benefits of using SSO are:
- Improved security: Controlled user access to the Customer Area. For example, when an employee leaves, their Customer Area access is removed through the SSO solution.
- Better user experience: Employees use a single set of credentials to log into the services they need to use.
- Authentication using SSO.
- Creating users who log in using SSO.
- Migrating existing users to SSO.
- Exchanging service provider information using metadata URL.
How it works
Users log in to your identity provider with their SSO credentials. The identity provider then authenticates them and gives them access to the services it is connected to.