Because Adyen is a payment provider and acquirer, we are legally obliged to do detailed checks on your company, its shareholders, and your business model before granting live accounts.
As part of your application, you will need to upload digital copies of:
If you want to accept payments online, you must also show that your integration satisfies website and app requirements.
Company registration document
Your company registration document can be either:
- An extract from the chamber of commerce.
- Articles of incorporation.
Merchant bank statement (optional)
If you submit a bank statement in your application for live, we'll add this account as the payout account to your live Customer Area. This will save you time when configuring your live Customer Area.
Your merchant bank statement must include:
- The account holder name.
- Account number.
- Logo or name of your bank.
- The account currency.
Proof of identity
You will need to provide proof of identity for:
- The person signing the contract.
- Shareholders who have 25% or more of the shares or voting rights.
The proof of identity can be either a:
- Passport: Make a copy of the data page, with your picture, details, and machine-readable zone clearly visible.
- ID card: Make a copy of both the front and back, and save them to separate files.
Proof of identity requirements
Your uploaded documents must:
- Not be expired.
- Be in JPG, JPEG, PNG, or PDF format.
- Have a size between 100KB (1KB for PDF) and 4MB.
- Be a full color, cropped, and straightened image.
We cannot accept uploaded documents that are:
- Broken or damaged.
- Dirty, illegible, or with a watermark.
- Blurry or overexposed.
- Black and white.
- Multiple sides or documents in the same file.
- Not cropped, or have a white background.
- Angled, rotated, sideways, or upside down.
- Overcropped or cut off.
Website and app requirements
If you want to do online payments, there are strict requirements about content that must be clearly visible on your website or app.
To show that your website or app satisfies the requirements below, you'll need to share URLs to either your live website or a test deployment that we can check.
Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions must include:
- Your company's legal entity name.
- A description of the product or service that you sell.
- An explanation of how payments happen, for example instantly or through a subscription.
- Delivery information.
- The refund and cancellation policy.
- Mention of third parties involved in providing the service or product.
- What data you are storing.
- What data you are sharing with third parties.
The delivery information must include:
- How long it takes for the shopper to receive the product or service.
- Which countries you deliver your product to, if applicable.
The refund policy must explain:
- If the shopper can get their money back for a product or service they bought from you.
- The ways in which the shopper can return the product or cancel the service.
- The process of returning a product or cancelling the service.
Shoppers must be able to contact you if they have questions, so the contact information shown on your website or app must include:
- Legal entity name.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
Checkout and payment process information
During the checkout and payment process, your website must clearly show your company's:
- Legal entity name.
- Trading name, if applicable.
- Company registration number.
- Company location.
You must have a checkbox with the statement I agree to the Terms and Conditions and the Refund and Cancellation policy. The statement must have hyperlinks to the documents mentioned. Shoppers must select the checkbox to accept the statement before continuing to making their payment.