Because Adyen is a payment provider and acquirer, we are legally obliged to do detailed checks on your company, its shareholders, and your business model before granting live accounts.
When you apply for a live account, you will need to upload digital copies of:
If you want to accept payments online, you must also show that your integration satisfies website and app requirements.
Company registration document
Your company registration document can be either:
- An extract from the chamber of commerce.
- Articles of incorporation.
The company registration document must either:
- Be issued within the last 12 months.
- Be signed and dated by the entity’s authorized signatory, and show that the document reflects the current state of affairs.
Merchant bank statement (optional)
If you submit a bank statement or other documents as proof of your bank account in your application for live, we'll add this account as the payout account to your live Customer Area. This will save you time when configuring your live Customer Area.
We accept the following documents as a proof of your bank account:
- Bank statements
- Deposit tickets or deposit forms
- Screenshots of your online banking environment
- Official emails or letters from your bank
- Relevé d'Identité Bancaire (RIB): bank document in France
The proof of bank account must show:
- The account holder name. This must match the legal entity name or trading name you submitted in your application for a live account.
- The account number or IBAN.
- The date of issuance, which must be less than 12 months ago. This requirement applies to all types of documents except for RIBs or cheques.
- The country where the bank account is located. For EU bank statements, Adyen infers the country from the IBAN.
- An indicator that the document was issued by a bank, such as the bank name, a bank logo or a bank-specific font.
We do not accept:
- Photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards.
- Edited or personalized documents.
- Documents issued more than 12 months ago.
The document must meet the following file format and size requirements:
- Formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, or PDF (maximum 2 pages)
- For PDFs: minimum 1 KB, maximum 4 MB
- For other formats: minimum 100 KB, maximum 4 MB
Proof of identity
You will need to provide proof of identity for:
- The person signing the contract.
- Shareholders who have 25% or more of the shares or voting rights.
The proof of identity can be either a:
- Passport: Make a copy of the data page, with your picture, details, and machine-readable zone clearly visible.
- ID card: Make a copy of both the front and back, and save them to separate files.
- Driving license: Make a copy of both the front and back, and save them to separate files.
Proof of identity requirements
Your uploaded documents must:
- Be in JPG, JPEG, PNG, or PDF format.
- Have a size between 100 KB (1 KB for PDF) and 4 MB.
- Be a full color, cropped, and straightened image.
We cannot accept uploaded documents that are:
- Broken or damaged.
- Dirty, illegible, or with a watermark.
- Blurry or overexposed.
- Black and white.
- Multiple sides or documents in the same file.
- Not cropped, or have a white background.
- Angled, rotated, sideways, or upside down.
- Overcropped or cut off.
Website and app requirements
If you want to do online payments, there are strict requirements about content that must be clearly visible on your website or app.
To show that your website or app satisfies the requirements below, you'll need to share URLs to either your live website or a test deployment that we can check.
Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions must include:
- Your company's legal entity name.
- A description of the product or service that you sell.
- An explanation of how payments happen, for example instantly or through a subscription.
- Delivery information.
- The refund and cancellation policy.
- Mention of third parties involved in providing the service or product.
- Mention of relevant governing law.
Subscriptions and free trials
If you are offering subscriptions or free trials, follow these requirements:
- During the order process, make sure that the cardholder gives their consent to enter a subscription service.
- Send an electronic reminder notification, such as an email or SMS, and a link to online cancellation at least 7 days before initiating a recurring transaction if:
- A trial period, promotional period or introductory offer has expired.
- The recurring agreement has changed. For example, the price or the billing period.
- Transaction receipts must include:
- The length of a trial period, introductory offer, or promotional period.
- The amount and date of the initial transaction even if no amount is due.
- The amount for subsequent recurring transactions.
- A way to allow the cardholder to easily cancel any subsequent transactions, for example a link or using an SMS.
- The cancellation of subscription payments must be easily accessible for online shoppers. For example, provide a link to a cancellation page.
- What data you are storing.
- What data you are sharing with third parties.
The delivery information must include:
- How long it takes for the shopper to receive the product or service.
- Which countries you deliver your product to, if applicable.
The refund policy must explain:
- If the shopper can get their money back for a product or service they bought from you.
- The ways in which the shopper can return the product or cancel the service.
- The process of returning a product or cancelling the service.
Shoppers must be able to contact you if they have questions, so the contact information shown on your website or app must include:
- Legal entity name.
- Email address.
- Phone number.
Checkout and payment process information
During the checkout and payment process, your website must clearly show your company's:
- Legal entity name.
- Trading name, if applicable.
- Company registration number.
- Company location.
You must have a checkbox with the statement I agree to the Terms and Conditions and the Refund and Cancellation policy. The statement must have hyperlinks to the documents mentioned. Shoppers must select the checkbox to accept the statement before continuing to making their payment.