Before you begin
Make sure you have followed the steps on Get started with Adyen.
Step 1: Set up your API credentials
- Create a basic authentication password in the Adyen Customer Area. For instructions, refer to API credentials.
Copy the password and store securely it in your system - you will need to enter this in your NetSuite Customer Center later.
- Contact our Support Team and ask them enable the API PCI Payments role for your API credential.
- Make sure your API credentials include the following roles:
- Checkout webservice role
- Merchant PAL Webservice role
- Under Roles and Associated Accounts, enable the correct merchant accounts for this web service user.
Step 2: Set up capture delay
With Adyen, you have a single company account, together with one or more merchant accounts. For more information, refer to Account structure.
By default, Adyen accounts are set up so that payments are captured immediately after authorisation. If you are using Cash Sales in NetSuite, keep the default setting.
If you are using Sales Orders in NetSuite, you need to change the default capture delay:
- Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant-level account.
- Go to Settings > Account settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, select manual.
- Select Submit.
Step 3: Set up webhooks
To inform your NetSuite back end of important events such as payment status changes or chargebacks, Adyen uses webhooks, sent as HTTP callbacks to the URL from the payment processing profile in NetSuite. Webhooks are called notifications in NetSuite.
To set up webhooks:
Log in to your Customer Area with your merchant account.
Go to Developers > Webhooks.
In the row for the Standard webhook, select Add.
Configure General settings:
Setting Description Server configuration - URL: The postback URL from your payment processing profile in NetSuite. To find this, go to the payment processing profile in View mode, and then to the Payment Information section.
- Method: JSON.
- Encryption Protocol: TLSv.1.2.
Merchant accounts Select which merchant accounts this webhook is for.
Select Save changes.