Step 1: Set up the Adyen Customer Area
Set up an API key
To set up an API key in the Adyen Customer Area:
- Log in to your Customer Area.
- Go to Developers > API credentials, and select the credential for your integration, for example ws@Company.[YourCompanyAccount].
- Under Authentication, select Generate New API Key.
- Copy and securely store the API key in your system — you won't be able to restore it later.
If your API key is lost or compromised, you need to generate a new one.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
Set up the capture delay
To set up the capture delay in the Adyen Customer Area:
- In the Adyen Customer Area, go to Account > Settings.
- In the Capture Delay drop-down menu, set the field to immediate (if not already set). In immediate captures, payments are captured immediately after authorisation.
- Select Submit.
Oracle Commerce Cloud does not support manual captures needed for asynchronous payment methods like Boleto. When an order is submitted using Boleto, you cannot manually capture the payment in the Oracle Commerce Cloud. You need to do so in your order management system.
Step 2: Configure the extension
You need to configure the extension in your Oracle Commerce Cloud for your test environment (Preview). When you move to your live environment (Storefront or Agent), set these fields with your live configuration values.
|Payment Methods||Select the payment methods that you will provide.|
|Merchant Account||Enter your merchant account name.|
|API Key||Enter the API Key that you set up in the Adyen Customer Area.|
|Client Key||Enter the client key you set up in the Adyen Customer Area.|
|Stored Payment Methods||Select if your shoppers can store their payment details for one-click or recurring payments (or both).|
|Environment||Set to Test or Live, depending on your integration.|
|Enable installments||Select this option to enable installments. If you enable installments, enter the Installments option code that you get from the installments option wizard.|
|Boleto Validity||(Fill in this field only if you're providing Boleto as a payment method). Specify the number of days the Boleto is valid for payment.|
|Boleto payment instructions||(Fill in this field only if you're providing Boleto as a payment method). Enter the text that will be shown in the Boleto payment instructions.|
|Enable card holder name||Select this option to show the card holder name field for card payments. If shown, the card holder name is a required field.|
|Country Code||Fill in this field with the two letter country code. This is a required field for some payment methods, for example Klarna, iDEAL, or Boleto.|
Set up Generic Payment Function API
The Generic Payment URL can be used to send authorisation requests externally. The Oracle Commerce Cloud uses webhooks to send JSON notifications to specified URLs every time an event occurs, for example, every time a shopper completes an order.
- Go to Settings > Web APIs.
- In the Webhook tab, go to the Function APIs section and open the Generic Payment - Preview entry.
- Fill in the following:
|URL||Your web store URL followed by
|Username||Choose any username for this field.|
|Password||Choose any password for this field.|
Optional configuration: Installments
To provide installments in your Oracle Commerce Cloud integration, you need to use an external tool to set your preferred installment rules. You can provide installments to your shoppers if your ecommerce store is in Brazil and Mexico.
To define your installments:
- Go to the Adyen Oracle Commerce Cloud installments options wizard.
- Select Create.
- Add the installment options you want to offer to your shoppers. For each installment, specify:
- Amount Range: Minimum value that the installment can apply to.
- Number of installments: The number of installments that the payment is split into.
- Allowed credit card types: Select the credit card types you want to accept this installment with.
- After adding all the installment options, select Done.
- You now have the Installments option code. Copy this code and enter it in the Installment options code field in Oracle Commerce Cloud.
Change your installment preferences
- Log into Oracle Commerce Cloud administration area.
- Navigate to Settings > Payment Processing > Payment Gateways tab.
- Under Service Types, select Adyen.
- Copy the Installment options code from the configuration you want to change.
- In the Adyen Oracle Commerce Cloud installments options wizard, go to the Edit section, enter your installment options code, and select Edit.
- Make the desired changes and once you are happy with the installment preferences, press the copy button above and enter it in the Installment options code field.