To be compliant with financial regulations, Adyen is required to know the identity of individuals who control or own your company.
You need to provide proof of identity for:
- Owners: All individuals who directly or indirectly own 25% or more of the organization. This means that the number of owners can be between zero to four.
- Controlling person(s): At least one member of senior management staff responsible for managing the company.
- Signatory: The person signing the contract.
If the owner of the company is also a signatory or a controlling person, you do not need to fill in the same information twice. Under Select Controlling person/Select Signatory, select the drop-down menu, and choose the corresponding identity.
Proof of identity requirements
The proof of identity can be either a:
- Passport: Make a copy of the data page, with your picture, details, and machine-readable zone clearly visible.
- Government-issued ID card: Make a copy of both the front and back, and save them in separate files.
Your uploaded documents must:
- Be in JPG, JPEG, PNG, or PDF format.
- Have a size between 100 KB (1 KB for PDF) and 4 MB.
- Be a full color, cropped, and straightened image.
We cannot accept uploaded documents that are:
- Broken or damaged.
- Dirty, illegible, or with a watermark.
- Blurry or overexposed.
- Black and white.
- Multiple sides or documents in the same file.
- Not cropped, or have a white background.
- Angled, rotated, sideways, or upside down.
- Overcropped or cut off.