In the payout account KYC check, Adyen verifies that the bank account exists, and that it's owned by the legal entity.
Proof of bank account
We accept the following documents as a proof of your bank account:
- Bank statements
- Deposit tickets or deposit forms
- Screenshots of your online banking environment
- Official emails or letters from your bank
- Relevé d'Identité Bancaire (RIB): bank document in France
The proof of bank account must show:
- The account holder name. This must match your legal entity name.
- The account number or IBAN.
- The date of issuance, which must be less than 12 months ago. This requirement applies to all types of documents except for RIBs or cheques.
- The country where the bank account is located. For EU bank statements, Adyen infers the country from the IBAN.
- An indicator that the document was issued by a bank, such as the bank name, a bank logo or a bank-specific font.
We do not accept:
- Photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards.
- Edited or personalized documents.
- Documents issued more than 12 months ago.
The document must meet the following file format and size requirements:
- Formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, or PDF (maximum 2 pages)
- For PDFs: minimum 1 KB, maximum 4 MB
- For other formats: minimum 100 KB, maximum 4 MB