In the payout account KYC check, Adyen verifies that the bank account exists, and that it's owned by the legal entity.
When you have your password for Essentials, you can change your payout account. If you have several merchant accounts, you may also add a separate payout account for each merchant account.
Proof of bank account
We accept the following documents as a proof of your bank account:
- Bank statements
- Deposit tickets, deposit forms or account agreements (signed or stamped by the bank)
- Screenshots of your online banking environment
- Letters from your bank
- Relevé d'Identité Bancaire (RIB): bank document in France
Do not upload photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards. These contain sensitive information.
The proof of bank account must show:
- The account holder name.
This must match your legal entity name.
- The account number or IBAN.
- The date of issuance, which must be less than 12 months ago. This requirement applies to all types of documents except for RIBs or cheques.
- The country where the bank account is located. For EU bank statements, Adyen infers the country from the IBAN.
- An indicator that the document was issued by a bank, such as the bank name, a bank logo or a bank-specific font.
We do not accept:
- Photos of bank-issued cards, such as credit or debit cards.
- Edited or personalized documents.
- Documents issued more than 12 months ago.
The document must meet the following file format and size requirements:
The uploaded document must meet the following file format and size requirements:
- Formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, or PDF (maximum 2 pages)
- Size for PDFs: minimum 1 KB, maximum 4 MB
- Size for other formats: minimum 100 KB, maximum 4 MB